Nice car suggestions Petrol only.

davyk31

RMS Regular
You still need to get yourself into a V8 Defender or Range Rover. The Jag while it’s nice isn’t as special as the other two.

Chris100

RMS Regular
The Porsche did nothing for me, it was just a big red suv that cost over £100k.

All SUVs are going to be much the same, no?

I don't think they are meant to excite anyone, I had a Macan as a loan when my Boxster was in for a service.

It was a lovely car, if I could afford to keep the Boxster and buy a Macan as daily I would have one in a heartbeat. But I certainly wouldn't be rushing to grab the keys on a Sunday morning for a blast on my favorite road, nope.

If I was spending £100k on a car, it would have to be something I was busting to drive all the time.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I was speaking to a fella today who has a defender V8 while he said it was really good and he loved the noise he said it’s ridiculous on fuel (if that bothers you), mid teens average and if your giving it some single figures. He’s just ordered a new M3 touring.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
All SUVs are going to be much the same, no?

I don't think they are meant to excite anyone, I had a Macan as a loan when my Boxster was in for a service.

It was a lovely car, if I could afford to keep the Boxster and buy a Macan as daily I would have one in a heartbeat. But I certainly wouldn't be rushing to grab the keys on a Sunday morning for a blast on my favorite road, nope.

If I was spending £100k on a car, it would have to be something I was busting to drive all the time.
Thats what I want as well. Something that I am excited about driving. I told Sam at Porsche before we left that I didn’t think the Cayenne was exciting enough but he told me to try it anyway.
He knew within 10 minutes it wasn’t for me but out of good manners I finished the drive.
The only car that had me excited was the rwd M4. I plan on trying a M5 asap.
I was speaking to a fella today who has a defender V8 while he said it was really good and he loved the noise he said it’s ridiculous on fuel (if that bothers you), mid teens average and if your giving it some single figures. He’s just ordered a new M3 touring.
Fuel consumption doesn’t matter as being retired I don’t travel very far.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
The M5 will be a good shout I think.

To be honest I'm not a fan of the M4, I think the M3 looks much better.
There was no M3 available to try. I prefer the M3 as well.
My brother has a Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4L, it ticks all the boxes except it is too small. Lovely car and sounds great.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
May sound better, but no way it’s going to drive anywhere near as well as the Porsche.

Have you driven both? I have and the F-Pace is the better driving car for me

Porsche don’t have a monopoly on focusing on driving dynamics, it’s a huge focus for Jag as a brand

By the way I’m a huge Porsche fan ao this isn’t bias - in the sports car sector Porsche stand out but in SUV the F-Pace is a better driving car in my opinion

Chris100

RMS Regular

Porsche don’t have a monopoly on focusing on driving dynamics, it’s a huge focus for Jag as a brand

By the way I’m a huge Porsche fan ao this isn’t bias - in the sports car sector Porsche stand out but in SUV the F-Pace is a better driving car in my opinion

I drove one ages ago, can’t remember the exact model TBH. I was actually there to test drive an F type, but grabbed a drive in it as well.

Neither it or the Cayenne would be a car I would be busting to go for a drive in, but either is a great daily. If I was buying one it would be the Cayenne, ticks all those boxes, looks good, quick enough, built very well, comfortable and luxurious enough.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I drove one ages ago, can’t remember the exact model TBH. I was actually there to test drive an F type, but grabbed a drive in it as well.

Neither it or the Cayenne would be a car I would be busting to go for a drive in, but either is a great daily. If I was buying one it would be the Cayenne, ticks all those boxes, looks good, quick enough, built very well, comfortable and luxurious enough.
If I was travelling a lot and doing big miles the Cayenne would be the one to buy. I probably won’t do 5000 miles a year so not exciting enough for me.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I’ve driven all of the above extensively. The Jag is way more fun than a Cayenne. A V8 Defender while cool, was the worst of that bunch driving wise. The Range Rover is the nicest all round package but the jag dynamically is the most engaging.

I had all the same preconceived ideas about the F-Pace until I drove it. I was very wrong lol

davyk31

RMS Regular
Good real world info from Pete for sure and the Jag must be worth a drive. However in terms of being special/wow factor there wouldn’t be a comparison between the Jag and a Range Rover. The RR is a sublime luxurious machine which everyone knows is a premium vehicle. Different price point to the Jag of course but Dave is loaded so it’s fine 😜

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Good real world info from Pete for sure and the Jag must be worth a drive. However in terms of being special/wow factor there wouldn’t be a comparison between the Jag and a Range Rover. The RR is a sublime luxurious machine which everyone knows is a premium vehicle. Different price point to the Jag of course but Dave is loaded so it’s fine 😜

Different type of vehicle all together. Nothing compares to a full fat Rangie, they are the pinnacle of a luxury 4x4.

But if he wants something somewhat exciting, a full fat just won’t scratch that itch. Special yes, capable yes but not exciting.

The F-Pace SVR is a riot! Still luxurious (no where near a Rangie) but it’s like 2 different cars rolled into one, yobo shouty hooligan wagon then a comfy long distance cruiser when it needs to be.

I didn’t expect to be impressed by it and it’s probably one of my favourite things I’ve driven this year.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Just been looking at them, Harry’s garage did a video on them.

What is the difference between a 1988 version and the standard svr F Pace @mk2driver ?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Love them in that baby blue they do, maybe a bit big for it in real life but does look class.
1719566293950.png