Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kw 🥱🤣

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Well I finally did it! EV purchased today from Pat Kirk Nissan, a 2018 Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kw.

I think these are great value and I have looked at i3's, ID3's Tesla M3 and Mini E in my long period of coming to terms with an electric car. It basically a fairly 'normal' car with an electric drive train, so actual buttons and normal controls, I'm not a touch screen fan which why I didn't like the Tesla.

The kit in these is .....

360 cameras
Heated front seats
Heated back seats
Heated steering wheel
Adaptive cruise
Bose stereo
LED headlights
2 tone pearl paint

Time will tell how I get on with it but at the moment I'm loving the kit, silence, instant go........ everything really bar the obvious range anxiety, it fine on range but I can't stop looking at the miles to go. In truth you're never more than a few miles from a charge point and I'll be charging it overnight anyway plus it's very rare I do over 100 miles in a day.

DSC_0547.JPG

DSC_0548.JPG
DSC_0554.JPG
DSC_0549.JPG
DSC_0556.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Porsche, Lotus and bike are still here for sanity though gritters will be out soon so they're ornamental until spring.

E4mon

RMS Regular
I really like the look of these, especially in white. I’ll be interested to hear the real world mpg. I could be tempted by one in the new year

Dave..

RMS Regular
Well I finally did it! EV purchased today from Pat Kirk Nissan, a 2018 Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kw.

I think these are great value and I have looked at i3's, ID3's Tesla M3 and Mini E in my long period of coming to terms with an electric car. It basically a fairly 'normal' car with an electric drive train, so actual buttons and normal controls, I'm not a touch screen fan which why I didn't like the Tesla.

The kit in these is .....

360 cameras
Heated front seats
Heated back seats
Heated steering wheel
Adaptive cruise
Bose stereo
LED headlights
2 tone pearl paint

Time will tell how I get on with it but at the moment I'm loving the kit, silence, instant go........ everything really bar the obvious range anxiety, it fine on range but I can't stop looking at the miles to go. In truth you're never more than a few miles from a charge point and I'll be charging it overnight anyway plus it's very rare I do over 100 miles in a day.

View attachment 341294
View attachment 341289View attachment 341290View attachment 341291View attachment 341292
Nice looking inside and what I would prefer as well. Health to drive.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Did they not clean it? lol the grime around zero emissions!

Looks a nice place to sit

Just looking at these and not badly spec'd or priced for the power and tech (cat s)

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Gave it a quick clean, took a bit of time on the badges and in and around the charge port but they're not green any more.

Took the number plate Frames off too, I really dislike frames, much neater and cleaner with plates stuck on.

DSC_0567.JPG
DSC_0566.JPG
DSC_0565.JPG

stuarti

RMS Regular
decent spec, comfy enough for town, white looks nice

.. my 2020 one has been back in about 5 times so far … desperately poor range.. so disappointed by it, if it wasn’t lease it would be long gone. hope you got a better one !!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
How many miles are you getting @stuarti and what’s the quoted range? We have never got more than 145 from the etron since it was about a month old and about 115 if you have the heating or AC on, supposed to be around 185. I think the ranges quoted are certainly bending the truth. Same as some of the mpgs quoted in IC Cars. As you say I’m glad ours is leased, I wouldn’t buy one that’s for sure and definitely not without a full manufacturer warranty.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
How many miles are you getting @stuarti and what’s the quoted range? We have never got more than 145 from the etron since it was about a month old and about 115 if you have the heating or AC on, supposed to be around 185. I think the ranges quoted are certainly bending the truth. Same as some of the mpgs quoted in IC Cars. As you say I’m glad ours is leased, I wouldn’t buy one that’s for sure and definitely not without a full manufacturer warranty.
That’s woeful range, I get real world 220 miles from the I-Pace and AC on all the time

Are you sure there isn’t an issue with it? Even with heavy motorway use the other week I got 210

stuarti

RMS Regular
Quotes 160, saw about 140 when new…. Barely seen 100 ever since .. rear Demister, heat on, and over 60mpg will massively hit the 100 !!! Even cold weather drops it. Awful thins.. can’t even head to the coast and back in it it wouldn’t make it back!!

I tried Nissan multiple times who said battery’s fine it’s doing what it should do!!! And I actually drive really sensibly to see what I can get it to do… I was told take it up with Nissan uk if you want .. I argued that more than a third drop off was far from ok……. Nothing doing !!! Unreal

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah @mk2driver it was in for a software update a while back but got talking to a mechanic and he said your not the only one getting much less than quoted on the etron. I was taking to woman at a charger and she said she would love to get 140, she can’t get more than 100 and it’s never out of Audi with issues. The jags seem to be on the money with the range.

Last edited:

big cyril

RMS Regular
@Burt2000 , that sounds low, iirc yours is the same age as ours, it’s always managed the quoted range figure and a bit more since the software upgrade.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I'm managing 3kw per mile (EV's mpg!) from the Leaf at the moment so 120 miles or so but I've only had it 2 days and I'm learning. Alot of drivers seem to get 4kw per mile, I do have everything on and I can't see it being a big issue for me as I didn't get it for big journeys. I certainly think 3.5kw per mile is achievable. The 3kw per mile was me sitting in the car for 10mins with heater on playing with everything and then sitting at 70mph with some generally inefficient driving in between!

If we are doing a big trip it'll be in the wife's Q5 as the kids will be with us and maybe a caravan or else I'll be doing a road trip and it'll be in the Elise.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Burt2000 , that sounds low, iirc yours is the same age as ours, it’s always managed the quoted range figure and a bit more since the software upgrade.

They do seem to be hit and miss, maybe the battery pack isn’t as efficient as it should be, friday afternoon car 😂

stuarti

RMS Regular
Guy I know in an etron the car died on him on motorway at 70mph totally dead nothing all of a Sudden , it affected brakes, everything and it had a half charge !! Really dangerous.. Audi had it for weeks .. trying find out what happened … not sure what the outcome was but he didn’t want it back.. was glad he wasn’t near a junction or anything. He couldn’t even open doors as they locked and windows wouldn’t go down as now power at all !!!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Did a test tonight to see what I could get going 17 miles......

Car preheated
Heated seat on
Heated steering wheel on
D mode with Eco on
Turned off heater and set off, I did have to turn it on a few times for a minute to clear the windows and I was never over 60mph................

4.6 miles per kw so that will calculate to 175 mile range based on 38kw useable capacity. It is doable but I wouldn't want to do that all the time as it would send me crazy 🤪

Last edited:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Saw a e-tron getting loaded onto the back of a recovery lorry last week on Massey Ave in Belfast with a thoroughly unimpressed looking woman watching on. Going by the above they don't seem to be the most reliable of vehicles yet.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ve heard of issues with them too, I think the early ones maybe had problems that have been ironed out more recently. Ours touch wood hasn’t gave any problems bar the poor range but I wouldn’t get another one next year if I’m honest.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Ours has had zero faults bar an overly sensitive tyre pressure monitor which was fixed with a software upgrade. The lease is up next summer, not sure what to go for next, hopefully another EV lease. In fact for reasons which a few on here will understand I probably need to get another lease or else work part time.

Last edited:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I'm not familiar with the Leaf and what data you can see in the car, but would be worth looking for an EV app to give you a better clue what's going on with power consumption, regen, cells, SoC, etc. I see one called Leaf Spy which might be worth trying. I use the PHEV Watchdog app myself, which is really good (but not for a Leaf obviously)