Nova GTE (Courtenay 2.0L 16V Turbo)

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Hi All,

Back in 1994, Jon Shield from Courtenay built a green 16v turbo Nova. It was the first of it's kind and is a bit of a legend on the scene.

A Calypso red GTE Nova which had been turbocharged by Courtenay (1.6 turbo), owned by Mark Watts soon got booked in for the full treatment (1996). The car was repainted purple, had the C20LET fitted and went on to be featured numerous times throughout the 90's.

Mark sold the car in 2003, and the car pretty much disappeared. A Picture appeared a few years later of the car at santapod with the grill missing, but then disappeared again.

About seven weeks ago, a picture of the car surfaced on Facebook as a new owner has just got it, it still had the grill missing but from what I could see, it was pretty much untouched. The news owner didn't really know what he had and had wanted to change some of it's iconic parts, but he got faced with lots of criticism and therefore put it up for sale.

Being the idiot that I am, I just had to go see it, with the intention of buying as long as it wasn't rotten.

Long story short, it's not rotten and I now own it!

Here's some photos/mag scans to spark anyones memories.

And some of it now:

I put on a new GTE grill today, and the car is booked in to have the bonnet painted (fix the dent) and remove the horrible bonnet pins, Paint the grill and bumper.

Leather needs restored, but I've got a quote and will have them done hopefully before X-mas.

It's stood the test of time well:

Plans are a quick tidy up, drive/enjoy it. Once my other turbo is finished I will strip it and repaint. I've been in touch with Mark who now works at Courtenay, who is sorting me out the Courtenay Turbo decal for the windscreen, and some new centre caps for the wheels.

Keith :grinning:

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
I remember this was for sale back in 04/05. Bloody lovely car. Think it was in the 1st edition of total vauxhall mag too.

Health to enjoy sir.

Yeah, it was for sale on Migweb late 2004/early 2005. I'm the 5th owner now.

Lol @ the 6x9s in the door!
Lovely lookin nova tho (y)

LOL yeah - I'm on the hunt for some good standard GTE doorcards. There's about 7 miles of sound system wiring through it too lol

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Wow, one of the legendary Novas right there!

I'll be down the garage tomorrow and should have a very good pair of GTE door cards somewhere. No winder or speaker holes iirc. Happy to sell them if they will suit your needs.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Wow, one of the legendary Novas right there!

I'll be down the garage tomorrow and should have a very good pair of GTE door cards somewhere. No winder or speaker holes iirc. Happy to sell them if they will suit your needs.

Awesome - if you have rears too that would be good (the ones that go all the way over the painted section)

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Definitely don't have rears, but I will certainly keep an eye out for you. I will message you once I dig these out and see what shape they are in.
I'm fairly sure I bought the front and rear cards off you!

Glad to see this car in good hands, as I said on facebook, I was trying to see how I could avoid divorce and buy it! Look forward to your updates.