Nurburgring crash

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hippyross

RMS Regular
giphy.gif

That's was nasty

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Wonder why they don’t have massive warning lights every half mile of ring that they can turn on when there’s a serous smash so the drivers know to slow.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Wonder why they don’t have massive warning lights every half mile of ring that they can turn on when there’s a serous smash so the drivers know to slow.

In this case I believe the Marshall left early from that point.

I also seen an incar vid from one of the members here who ended up right in the incident, he may post the video if he spots the thread @Cooper has seen it too I believe, thankfully he was smart enough to get him and his car right out of the way.

Crazy crazy crash!

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully

I've often thought that too, with even an emergency button that you can jump out and hit to activate.

I can't help thinking that when people stop dead and park (once they know there's an accident ahead), it can make the situation even more treacherous in some sections.

Would almost be handy to have Nurburgring flares to carry and if you come across something like that, you let it off (when safe) and then people could know well in advance that somethings up.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I’d planned to go next year and do Spa in the same trip, don’t think I’ll bother now! Absolutely no anticipation from the majority of the drivers that something could be going on round the bend.

DMC 4087

RMS Regular
I've often thought that too, with even an emergency button that you can jump out and hit to activate.

I can't help thinking that when people stop dead and park (once they know there's an accident ahead), it can make the situation even more treacherous in some sections.

Would almost be handy to have Nurburgring flares to carry and if you come across something like that, you let it off (when safe) and then people could know well in advance that somethings up.

Certainly looks that way to me. He should have went on.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
Fair play to that guy trying to warn others.

I know loads on here say it's a great track and you should do it at least once, but seeing stuff like that puts me right off.

I’d be back in a heartbeat even after seeing that. Obviously some people were only watching what the car in front was doing rather than reading the road at the rate they piled in

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Incredible, good on that man, even though his own car took a shunt by the looks of it?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Aye 911.

Mental. Great that he got out, not sure why he didn’t keep running though as he was obviously still too close to counter the entrance speeds.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Incredible, good on that man, even though his own car took a shunt by the looks of it?

That's the way I read it too he stopped there pretty selflessly to warn others as opposed to just parking up.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Yeah the guy who's doing the filming definitely seemed to have his head screwed on, checked his mirror before getting out, got behind the barrier and ran up to try to prevent further carnage (y)

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Madness. Can’t get over how well that TT held up.

Fair play to your man trying to wave them all down.

I wonder would a radio channel even be an idea. They could broadcast crash on turn X in German / English / whatever. All users tuned in.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.