Nurburgring

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DISASTRA

RMS Regular
Drives
F87/E46
We did the Trip to the Ring with a trackday at Spa in July, best trip I have been on to date

We did the ferry from Belfast to Scotland then 3hr drive to Newcastle and an Overnight ferry to Amsterdam with 3hrs on the other side to the Nurburgring... In my opinion the shorter drive times doing it this was is the best option as it should be easier on the car and you won't be fed up with driving by the time you get there
What did you pay for the ferry to Holland lad?

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
is there restrictions on vehicles or can basically anything go on it? What about a coach? :joy:

RoniN

RMS Regular
Vehicles must be road legal for the touristenfahrten, yes coaches are allowed (there are coach tours) even seen a tractor towing a trailer once.

Cheers

Marc

RMS Moderator
Vehicles must be road legal for the touristenfahrten, yes coaches are allowed (there are coach tours) even seen a tractor towing a trailer once.

Cheers

i think there is a minimum speed limit, what is it 50/60kph or something?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Anyone planning to go in 2019? Myself and @KeithRobinson are preparing to return after a 10 year absence!

Has anyone done a trackday at the ring? It seems the best value for money and means you don't waste your time sitting behind a load of traffic!

Marc

RMS Moderator
Anyone planning to go in 2019? Myself and @KeithRobinson are preparing to return after a 10 year absence!

Has anyone done a trackday at the ring? It seems the best value for money and means you don't waste your time sitting behind a load of traffic!

Yes, I have done one, it’s a LOT better than TF, less accidents on the day I was there and plenty of track time.

It was booked through circuit days, well run day.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

Skylimit Events track days are the best at the ring and spa. Restricted numbers, insurance etc all covered.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I'm up for it!!

Never been before, what dates you thinking Rob?

Ideally beginning of June for me, but will have to hold off until the trackday dates get released. The fact that third party liability is disclaimed before you go on track means a hell of a lot to me. Worst nightmare would be the Westfield blowing something and dropping fluid on the track, only to cause cars/bikes behind me to come off the track. That's the sort of scenario of nightmares and is quite possible on TF!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Watching with interest. I'd love to go at some stage.

I dare say the Civic may be a chore to drive over in though.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
That's me and @KeithRobinson booked, going over for the RSR Trackday on 26th August.

Has anyone ever got tuition out there? I was hoping to take some during the public sessions, but RSR can only offer it during the trackday itself. It's something that I think I would really like to do, to get the most out of it, so would like to hear anyone's experiences!!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
That's me and @KeithRobinson booked, going over for the RSR Trackday on 26th August.

Has anyone ever got tuition out there? I was hoping to take some during the public sessions, but RSR can only offer it during the trackday itself. It's something that I think I would really like to do, to get the most out of it, so would like to hear anyone's experiences!!
@nigelmcg has. Hoping to do the ring this year but haven’t committed any dates yet.

RoniN

RMS Regular
@Rob have you a copy of my BMW Track guide @Cooper hosted for download ??
It will give you everything you need to know.

Cheers

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Any recommendations? RSR can’t offer it in your own car during public sessions which is a shame

Look up Andy Carlisle on Facebook, he's the guy that sat in the passenger seat with Guy Martin when he did his record in a van...he doesn't mind doing instruction during TF.

Also look up Ray Francis, he's the guy I used and we have become good friends...mention to either of them that I gave them your details, but no I don't get any commission...

Apex will also provide tuition as mentioned above...

The going rate was 50 euros for one lap or 100 euros for an hour, but may have gone up...

Instruction during TF can be difficult due to how busy it is and the amount of accidents, you could pay for an hour and only get half due to track closures...

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Alternatively let me know when you are going and if I'm there ( I'm usually over twice a month ) I will do it for free...

We are heading across on the August bank holiday weekend, trackday on Mon 26th. Hoping for a bit of TF on the weekend tho track is shut on the Saturday. Didn’t realise you were out so regularly, would be interested to hear the craic! I would love to leave my Westfield out there and fly out a few times

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
We are heading across on the August bank holiday weekend, trackday on Mon 26th. Hoping for a bit of TF on the weekend tho track is shut on the Saturday. Didn’t realise you were out so regularly, would be interested to hear the craic! I would love to leave my Westfield out there and fly out a few times

Regularly enough to get my E92 M3 German registered as of September last year, it now lives permanently out there...lol

I normally fly in and out via Dublin/Cologne or Belfast/Amsterdam...I was the last car on track for TF in 2018...and I'll be there for the 2019 opening on the 17th of March...

Loads of stuff on my instagram @nigelmcgowan

Normally average 250-300 laps per year (Season pass holder the last four years)

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Jeepers, that's a lot!

Another chap here, Justin, used to do the same. He had an E46 M3 CSL sitting out there and was over all the time. Don't know if he still does or if he had enough eventually :innocent:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.