Once common cars that you don't see anymore

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
In 2004 I was visiting a cousin in midlands and wife at time was visiting family in Birmingham, after dinner one evening cousin said come on see the cars in this place,off we went his wife said don’t be buying anything, in showroom was c32amg, 2dr imprezas, few other nice things and cousin who is Ford man spotted a fresh st170 was only few months old from memory, out for test drive, back in and he bought it there and then, his mrs gave me death stares rest of week lol, was such fun car

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I had a load of mk1 foci as hire cars when I was travelling to England loads in the 90s. We also had a pair of mk1 v6 mondeo's too one time. All of those were class, really good handling cars, almost as good as the 155 .... ;-)

Had 306s in Toulouse and they were great too. There was a short cut to the airport that we used to take which was partly gravel which was perfect for scandi flicks into the corners. Has a serious 2 wheeled wall of death experience while short cut a roundabout which was a bit exciting too.

Hire cars are just the fastest cars in the world.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
My dad had a mk1 focus 1.6 zetec and I drove it a few times and it handled fantastically and felt pretty nippy. I bought a mk2 1.6 and it was very disappointing by comparison.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Mk2's were a lardy sluggard by comparison.
I knew a lady from over here who was one of the main project engineers behind the Mk1 Focus, not one bit surprised that it was a great car.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
This thing was proper time warp condition

Attachments

• 1A37E5E5-49CA-43D2-9CA5-99E98D19C6C5.jpeg
    1A37E5E5-49CA-43D2-9CA5-99E98D19C6C5.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 66

alexf557

RMS Regular
Drives
aul scrap
Are they all scrap? Don't understand how you can have assets just sitting around that could be worth a quid or two
they're in a mechanic's yard
the lincoln runs, the carina is his own car, and i never asked about the golfs
i assume they run because they're both non turbo diesel :joy:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
How come?
Because unless they're a S1 coupe or lightweight/low drag car they're horrid looking heaps?

Are they all scrap? Don't understand how you can have assets just sitting around that could be worth a quid or two
Because they probably got tired of cold calling, low balling twats who would do feck all with them due to lack of budget or skills, or, you know, they want to have a few things sitting about. I ****ing despise having some thick cnut appear asking what's for sale..... Dread to think of the 'value' of cars I've got sitting as long term projects.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Because unless they're a S1 coupe or lightweight/low drag car they're horrid looking heaps?

Because they probably got tired of cold calling, low balling twats who would do feck all with them due to lack of budget or skills, or, you know, they want to have a few things sitting about. I ****ing despise having some thick cnut appear asking what's for sale..... Dread to think of the 'value' of cars I've got sitting as long term projects.
Totally get that, have had several sometimes quite cheeky people land at my door. Selling a car is bad enough, but having to deal with that hassle just for having a car or two sat is pure irritating. If someone was genuine and civil or polite that would be different.
What’s frustrating is when people just leave stuff lying to rot and won’t sell then the car ends up scrapped.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If someone was genuine and civil or polite that would be different.

This. I get that a lot too. Random people just walk up and go "how much you want for it?". Not even a "how do you do". @@@@ off is the usual answer :innocent: It's an NI thing, only ever happens here. All the nosy so-and-so just sniffing around...

What’s frustrating is when people just leave stuff lying to rot and won’t sell then the car ends up scrapped.

This too. But at the end of the day, if someone wants to do that, that's their choice. Nobody else's business. Agree it's a waste, but their choice.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Or another one I got recently.

Got a MOT cancellation for one of the Novas, but wife was away and had the 4 kids. No seatbelts in the back of it, and there was no way I was getting the 4 seats into it anyway, so took it on the transporter.
Was loading up after the test, when someone walked over, his words to me was "You're one of those boys I hate, have the cars, but too scared to drive them" .

I just replied at least I have them and continued strapping it on.