Drives
Focus st
IMG_20220726_203833.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-26-20-38-02-96.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Some price for 130k - you dont see many of them for sale above that tbh, lots of rot issues, drive shafts, expensive part replacement vs value of the car

There was a non LUX model for sale in Ards a while back for that money but with 35k on the clocks

Mad money! Should be £1.8-2.5k MAX!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Some price for 130k - you dont see many of them for sale above that tbh, lots of rot issues, drive shafts, expensive part replacement vs value of the car

There was a non LUX model for sale in Ards a while back for that money but with 35k on the clocks

Mad money! Should be £1.8-2.5k MAX!
Thought the same tbh, boys in the comments saying its mint but even still

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Thought the same tbh, boys in the comments saying its mint but even still

Its a LUX CUP model so has it all going for it - with the mods and tyre choice you would automatically assume its enthusiast owned but at those miles, its hit or miss tbh - I have been looking at them on and off this past year and very rarely you see any for sale with more than 130k on them

eg a friend in Ballymena had one which I was considering buying as I knew its history but he ended up needing headlights, headlight motors, springs and wheel bearings (having replaced some before) so was going to be an expensive repair for a £2k or less car

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Mum had a green Quartz back in the day and my Auntie had a navy Si.

My second car was a white Quartz :grinning:

17 August 2009 (2).jpg

Sadly I have no pictures of it on the Fondmetal 5800 rim I put on it

Got to love those early digital cameras. This was a Sony that saved to floppy disc :laughing:

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Up the North Coast last week I saw a silver fiesta that shape near Magilligan, couldnt say what model but looked fairly basic, sitting at the side of the road. Was class to see one, and in the short glance I got, it looked tidy.

See this most weeks when I’m delivering to the shop in Bellarena… been meaning to get a photo but I’m always in a rush.
63E846FB-3E23-4955-8A30-095E6DDFD434.jpeg

Unusual to see outside M&S on Boucher rd the other day. On trade plates.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The island is like a lot of others in that you see older cars just getting used as daily smokers. We went for a family holiday in 1996 and loved it. I managed to get out looking for a pint of milk a few nights and did a lap of the TT course very late on and a few of the classic manx rally stages.
Cool place but the winters would be hell if you dont have a sensible pastime to keep you out of trouble. Had an ex schoolmate who went over there to work straight from university and ended up a borderline alcoholic after a few winters. Pulled himself out of it thankfully but it's a common island problem. Saw lots of similar problems on the isle of wight when I spent a year there too.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
The island is like a lot of others in that you see older cars just getting used as daily smokers. We went for a family holiday in 1996 and loved it. I managed to get out looking for a pint of milk a few nights and did a lap of the TT course very late on and a few of the classic manx rally stages.
Cool place but the winters would be hell if you dont have a sensible pastime to keep you out of trouble. Had an ex schoolmate who went over there to work straight from university and ended up a borderline alcoholic after a few winters. Pulled himself out of it thankfully but it's a common island problem. Saw lots of similar problems on the isle of wight when I spent a year there too.
Yeah, even now "on" season, there's not a lot to do at night apart from take a drink. We're that busy during the day, its rock n roll with us, bed for 10😂. We've driven past the same pub 4 evenings in a row and the same boy has been sitting outside biffing away 🤣

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Yeah, even now "on" season, there's not a lot to do at night apart from take a drink. We're that busy during the day, its rock n roll with us, bed for 10😂. We've driven past the same pub 4 evenings in a row and the same boy has been sitting outside biffing away 🤣
If you like BBQ (smoked) food, the restaurant in jacks bar in Douglas is really good.