219.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 24C04545-0A7C-4987-A3ED-0EFA63A2FEBE.jpeg
    24C04545-0A7C-4987-A3ED-0EFA63A2FEBE.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 75

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Seen an FTO last night and two Phaetons within 15 minutes of each other, they weren’t even the same one!
Haven’t seen a Phaeton in work (VW dealer) in years. Terrible car to work round and the first generation had some rust issues. Nice enough car to drive mind but from an ownership point of view I wouldn’t be enamoured.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I can count on one hand the number of phaetons I've seen. A fair few on Autotrader though so they must still be around. Mostly big mile diesel though. Basically a jumped up Passat without the W, but that one must be a nightmare to keep on top of...

They were basically the test mule for the Continental were they not? Ridiculous amounts of money going into the Phaeton dev if memory serves? Never made money on them?

Did alright with the Conti though 😅

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I can count on one hand the number of phaetons I've seen. A fair few on Autotrader though so they must still be around. Mostly big mile diesel though. Basically a jumped up Passat without the W, but that one must be a nightmare to keep on top of...

It’s a bit more special than a Passat.

Haven’t seen a Phaeton in work (VW dealer) in years. Terrible car to work round and the first generation had some rust issues. Nice enough car to drive mind but from an ownership point of view I wouldn’t be enamoured.
When I worked in Agnews they had this special lift to take the engine and gearbox out of them. Never seen anyone physically buy one in 7 years and only ever 2 maximum came through for sale used.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB

They were basically the test mule for the Continental were they not? Ridiculous amounts of money going into the Phaeton dev if memory serves? Never made money on them?

Did alright with the Conti though 😅
They were closer related to the A8 & Continental. The Phaeton was though steel and around 2200KG and the A8 Aluminum and 1850kg.

My friends dad had one for years (3.0tdi) but although it did have some nice features, I'd save the 350kg and have an A8 any day.