RMS Regular
Drives
TBC
306BB6BE-4AFE-4B86-8F7C-130D9B033152.jpeg

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
The Cougar was such a potentially awesome car. IMO they where coping the 406 coupe idea.

They should have offered the St mondeo diesel in it also as the reps would have gobbled it up, I mean they had the normal 170ps v6 petrol engine in them, again gave it the st200 engine and some styling tweeks, and that would have been a brilliant winner in a time before RS Focus turbos being reborn.
Definitely should have had the 3 st220 engine!

Klde / klze would have been great too, amazing sounding engine with the right exhaust.

Up there with the busso

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Definitely should have had the 3 st220 engine!

Klde / klze would have been great too, amazing sounding engine with the right exhaust.

Up there with the busso

Any videos of one with the right exhaust?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
The Cougar was such a potentially awesome car. IMO they where coping the 406 coupe idea.

They should have offered the St mondeo diesel in it also as the reps would have gobbled it up, I mean they had the normal 170ps v6 petrol engine in them, again gave it the st200 engine and some styling tweeks, and that would have been a brilliant winner in a time before RS Focus turbos being reborn.
There was a Cougar ST200 with 205bhp in UK, but personally I never saw one.

The Probe was basically a Mazda MX6.
Which reminds me, remember the MX3. They were quite popular and some had a 1.8 V6 engine. Smallest V6 I ever saw.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Mint Audi 80 with OZ Saturn Plus’ in Castlewellan. Gutted I didn’t get a photo of it!

Also a Mk1 Ka- can’t remember the last time I saw 1.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I love the wee Glanzas. It was what I dreamed of when I was a broke teen, driving around in my Starlet Sportif :joy:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
MGF wheels too, still a nice yoke. I really wanted an estate in the mid 90s but found an MG Montego that was good enough and went for that. They handled really well and went ok too.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi

I saw a red sportka yesterday, first time in years I had seen one. I vaguely recall the telegraph did some offer/competition for a sportka when they first came out. Cant say many would have survived.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Mint Audi 80 with OZ Saturn Plus’ in Castlewellan. Gutted I didn’t get a photo of it!

I saw a red sportka yesterday, first time in years I had seen one. I vaguely recall the telegraph did some offer/competition for a sportka when they first came out. Cant say many would have survived.

There is or was a red street ka for sale outside Derry. There used to be a couple of kas knocked about up here but haven’t noticed them the last couple of years.

I sold up everything and bought a mk6 fiesta when I went to uni when I was 26 there was a performance blue sport ka sitting for the same price I always kind of wish I’d bought it instead.