Outcast Meet hosted by Jacobs Supercars & TMC Motorsport

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Clubs stands had to be there before 11.30 then normal cars 11.30 on and "opens" at 12. But just after 11 was told was at capacity, Though few people drove passed me seconds after being told they were full and had got in, but sort of glad in away amount of people and way some cars were piled up some weren't leaving anytime lol. Parked up the road ran round a few chats and few photos and away again.

JT079

RMS Regular
late for this but managed to drive pass the street, it must be a great turn out...

colin84

RMS Regular
Didn't get to this as I'd the kids with me, and judging by the amount of cars outside and cops about, I thought it might be too busy. It would be a decent enough spot if there had been somewhere for visitors to park.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So with this being packed and the amount of people ,was this in everyoneā€™s opinion safe to hold when there is a substantial rise In positive cases in n Ireland this past week.genuine question btw not being a smart hole (even though my middle girl works in the covid ward) and I understand life has to begin to move on again .

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
So with this being packed and the amount of people ,was this in everyoneā€™s opinion safe to hold when there is a substantial rise In positive cases in n Ireland this past week.genuine question btw not being a smart hole (even though my middle girl works in the covid ward) and I understand life has to begin to move on again .

Iā€™d say it was unlikely for guidance to be followed given the venue and seemingly unexpected turnout. That being said had the venue been better placed for overflow or if it was invitation only with the cars it would have helped the congestion.

Not an ideal situation today but certainly part of the learning curve of getting things to move on again like you say @zafturbo

I arrived with a mate just after 11 and we got in at a handy spot down the front

graham8

RMS Regular
Took a dander round Brilliant turnout and some class motors. Iā€™d say there will be some giving off about every street being packed with cars but who was to know What sort of turnout there would be ? Iā€™d say In future they could fill a yard 2/3 times the size of this and then some. Good job šŸ‘šŸ¼

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I would imagine there was such as big turnout as it's pretty much been the first/only real show of the year, if it was a "normal" year and we were 4 or 5 shows in by this stage the turnout would have been much smaller.

Never bothered going up in the end myself, by the sounds of it I am pretty happy with that decision.

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Wasnā€™t the total sh1t show I thought it was going to be, although thatā€™s because we got in and managed to sneak a decent spot down near the bottom.

We got there about 10:30 and the place was bunged - but as I say we got a handy enough space.

Definitely could have been doing with a better/bigger venue but it was a nice morning catching up and looking at some seriously nice motors!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
20200816_130003.jpg
20200816_130052.jpg
20200816_130038 (1).jpg
20200816_125529.jpg
20200816_125521.jpg
20200816_130341.jpg
20200816_130355.jpg
20200816_131840.jpg
20200816_132153 (1).jpg
20200816_132051 (1).jpg
20200816_132237.jpg
20200816_132809.jpg
20200816_133152.jpg
20200816_133806.jpg
20200816_134153.jpg
20200816_135329.jpg
20200816_130401.jpg

20200816_132159.jpg

20200816_130219.jpg
20200816_134210.jpg

Then had our own mini meet after with a few mates!

20200816_151804 (1).jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
Wasnā€™t the total sh1t show I thought it was going to be, although thatā€™s because we got in and managed to sneak a decent spot down near the bottom.

We got there about 10:30 and the place was bunged - but as I say we got a handy enough space.

Definitely could have been doing with a better/bigger venue but it was a nice morning catching up and looking at some seriously nice motors!

car was looking super Marc, wheels are (y)

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I definitely think the lack of car shows improves the little shows there are!:joy:

Good turn out today, definitely in need of a bigger venue!

Also a straight bit of road where the fuzz can't complain about some noise would be great, out ruining the fun as usual lol

design1

RMS Regular
True i agree no social distance there

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Also a straight bit of road where the fuzz can't complain about some noise would be great, out ruining the fun as usual lol

If you had seen the level of complaints about this show today...... from residents, about parking, noise, driving, etc........ had it not been for some ā€œfun ruiningā€ presence it would have been shut down by local police ...... as it was, not a single ticket written and only 3 drivers stopped and ā€œspoken toā€.......and given the driving toward a liveried police car, there could have been multiple court appearances without any doubt.....

Awkward position to be in when youā€™re invited, and then have to balance the enthusiasts enjoyment with residents concerns ( residents issues were well justified imho)

Site was too small due to unprecedented attendance levels, and no great or easy options for overflow parking. Kudos to Ross from Anachem for the sanitiser stations.

Not the fault of the organisers for promoting their event, nor those wanting to attend..... just as us been posted, the only option this year event wise

Last edited by a moderator:

pablo

RMS Moderator
Police I saw were well engaged chatting and laughing with people which was excellent. Iā€™m sure the residents went nuts alright. I got a hell of a dirty look when I got back to my car parked in the next street up.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
I live a three minute walk from The Ferguson Centre and some of my neighbours are going buck daft about yesterday. One particular busy body feckwit is going mental, she's related to the local MLA and is vowing that no car show will ever happen again in The Ferguson Centre.

Some of the driving in residential streets was highly inappropriate and some of the parking was disgraceful. I could have filled 3 or 4 pages on the Couldn't park your finger up your hole thread. Special mention to the ballbag in the MNR Vortex who left it abandoned in Waverley Gardens blocking anyone turning in from the Manse Road.

Some of the cars parked in the streets were more interesting than about 90% of the stuff inside The Ferguson Centre. I headed passed Mac Autoparts to the biggest car park and was hugely underwhelmed. About 30-40 humdrum Audi's in the best car park, how disappointing. Up the hill at the Detailers place was good, three Ferraris, a Lambo and a McLaren, so tick in the box for the Supercars. In my opinion the best car in the show was parked up there, green Opel Kadett C Coupe with Honda running gear. Excellent car, well worth the walk from the house.

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Police I saw were well engaged chatting and laughing with people which was excellent. Iā€™m sure the residents went nuts alright. I got a hell of a dirty look when I got back to my car parked in the next street up.

I think the policing approach was brilliant if I'm honest. Minimal presence and from what I seen officers were engaging with people, talking about their cars and generally having a laugh. Apparently a few cars were stopped on the way out (although probably no surprises there lol) but from what I understand there were no tickets or fines issued, just a bit of a 'wise up' chat.