Porsche 944 Turbo S project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
Ah yes! I was heading to work a nightshift! That berlingo moves alright! I saw the double gators n thought to myself lol.

I passed u the day before in a black southern caddy ?

Thanks mate! We'll get a good few outings in the summer in them!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Did I pass this earlier on the Frosses Road? Didn't twig until I was nearly past it!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Did I pass this earlier on the Frosses Road? Didn't twig until I was nearly past it!

Yeah that was me on my way back up from Belfast. Went up yesterday as I was going out on the beers, weather was nice so opted for the 944, big mistake as the weather on the drive home today was absolutely shocking!

Gave it a long overdue bath today before leaving it to @pobmk4 tomorrow. FInished it off with some Fireball Easy Coat which made a great job of it!

IMG_0124.JPG

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Wheels are away to the Alloy Wheel Clinic today in Ballymoney for a refurb and fitting of new centres. Looking forward to getting rid of the metallic magnolia! :party:

New Conti Sports ordered too which will be fitted before collecting the wheels, the front tyres are dated 2002! :-#

IMG_0179.JPG

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
Preferably we would like a silver that replicates the anodised colour they would originally have been supplied in. They will be finished satin so any recommendations on a silver would be good.

These are what they would originally have been finished in

IMG_9356.JPG

Alross1212

RMS Regular
Drives
Mercedes CL500
Lovely car! I'm so tempted by one of these, great project car. What's the reliability like on these?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Lovely car! I'm so tempted by one of these, great project car. What's the reliability like on these?

Pretty good to be fair, but they suffer from lots of little annoying niggles that any 30 year old car will suffer from.

They're very robust overall though, brilliant cars, I would highly recommend them in any form, 2.5/2.7 or 3L.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Patiently waiting for wheel paint & new plates update! Any teasers?

Sadly no updates as of yet Barry, wheels are hopefully going to be back this week, replacement V5 still hasn't arrived yet so the IEZ Reg is staying for now.

It's off to Alan McG for a bit of mechanical work on 4th April, so it won't be far travelled until its back from him.

Have agreed a deal on that Dansk stainless steel exhaust, trying to organise to have it picked up and over here for Alan to fit.

Ordered a new scuttle panel from Porsche Belfast today as the existing one had a bit missing.

Bronk

RMS Regular
Coming together rightly.. not sure if it's already posted.. How many miles are on the car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.