Porsche 991 GT3

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Detail and small touches on this thing are wild... I wasn’t even aware of the carbon in the ‘engine bay’ assume this is std?

4CF37977-7588-4BEB-A349-CE6B8DE1BA7C.jpeg

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Lovely! Feel free to blat up the Newry Road in it!

I second this! Was a lovely Rivera blue example parked up at neighbours across the way the other day. Some roar out of it when he exited. Kudos @gixermark - health to enjoy & look forward to seeing it about the town 😎

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
I second this! Was a lovely Rivera blue example parked up at neighbours across the way the other day. Some roar out of it when he exited. Kudos @gixermark - health to enjoy & look forward to seeing it about the town 😎
Riviera is a fab colour... I didn’t realise there was so many of the crew from here in the shire!

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Guards red 991 GT3 is my official lotto spec car 😮 health to drive and all that!

I drove a blue 991 GT3 in anger on a track in Vegas on my honeymoon. My god that noise especially above 8k 🥰 Don't tell the wife but it was the highlight of the whole 3 weeks in America 😂

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
So.... first impressions, quite simply blown away... I wouldn’t make a journalist... as this thing genuinely has me speechless.

aside from the obvious aesthetics, the chassis is beyond sublime, it feels uber rigid.. yet somehow remains compliant on the road - amazingly so actually. Slow speed 2nd gear tight turn/junction, you can feel the chassis almost lift a wheel... race car like. The gearbox...... flawless, to the point if someone offered me the exact car... but with manual, I honestly think I would stick with PDK and I never thought I’d say that..... I have t even tried ‘dipping’ the clutch yet..... if you pull both paddles in same time it disengages the clutch! Designed so you can light the axle at lower speeds!!!! I think that’s a savage bit of engineering.

I’ve added 5-10% of the cars total mileage this wk end!!! Full tank of fuel disappeared and I’ve never been happier to waste petrol for no purpose other than fun.

this thing is on a totally different level 😍

951731E1-74C5-4A85-B08D-1BE7FD239B71.jpeg

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
@gixermark

Did I see you in Belfast City centre this afternoon?
Nope, not guilty Chris... was only out for a late afternoon blat locally today
Should also have said, prob one of the best things is that it’s fun from 3k revs... noise/sensation etc... whilst it’s insanely good from 7-9k you don’t feel the need to be there to have fun... that’s one thing that concerned me... as I don’t tend to drive super fast on the Road... it’s more about chassis/dynamics/feel... and importantly sound.. and this this is on steroids on all of that!!!!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Nope, not guilty Chris... was only out for a late afternoon blat locally today
Should also have said, prob one of the best things is that it’s fun from 3k revs... noise/sensation etc... whilst it’s insanely good from 7-9k you don’t feel the need to be there to have fun... that’s one thing that concerned me... as I don’t tend to drive super fast on the Road... it’s more about chassis/dynamics/feel... and importantly sound.. and this this is on steroids on all of that!!!!

What are the odds, I was behind a GT3 exactly the same as yours today in Belfast.