Rate your Products.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
This is their sealant, very petrol-ly/chemically smelling but very effective.
Ease of use - 7 easy to apply but also easy to over apply, can be quite dusty when removing but easily removed
Value for money - 10 Iā€™m on my second bottle now, first one lasted about 4 years
Durability - 8 lasts well and protection remains after quite a few washes. Great beading and very glossy slick finish. Crap photo of silver Golf, Iā€™ll get a better one on the black Superb.
21CDE297-1037-44F3-86F3-E8C3B207FC55.jpeg
40AA83A4-30F8-4FDF-B9BC-F9BD14055D9B.jpeg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
This is šŸ˜

Hands down my favourite product

I haven't tried many interior products and I don't think I will as this ticks every box for me.
My best mate is an autoglym rep I would still buy this over anything

Ease of use - 10 - I use a wax applicator to put it on then buff off with a microfiber as I dont like shiny interiors but it leaves a great finish

Smell - 10 - one of the nicest smelling products out there

Durability - 10 - it lasts very long on my cars and the bottle goes along way

Value for money - 10 - Imo it is not an expensive product

20190423_082727.jpg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Nice day so Iā€™m happy to be out of the house. First product of today is Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam. Reasonably new to the market after years of product stagnation.

Ease of use - 10; well, itā€™s snow foam, if all is to be believed you donā€™t actually need to do anything. Mixes up 1:10 or so.

Smell - 7; not unpleasant but not fruity/sweet

Durability - 8.5; clings well, feels like it needs a longer dwell time, I leave it on 5 minutes could do with longer.

Value for money - 7; usually on a deal on Halfords, decent 2.5 litre container.
36D6CFE1-8D47-4EB1-A534-033B2E9EB576.png
6FCA2A6E-24FC-4D36-9459-2C0391D886A2.png

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Second produce of today - Meguiars Ceramic Wax. New to the market, promises wonderful things, but does it deliver?

Smell - 10, well 11. Blueberries. That is all.

Ease of use - 9. I wasnā€™t initially impressed with the manufacturers directions, many videos out there suggest itā€™s best applied on a damp microfibre pad then towelled off with a very slightly damp towel. I did this but it was still a bit streaky, second wipe down worked a treat though. Paint is very streaky on subsequent applications - car does need towelled dry.

Value for money - 6. Price ranges from Ā£25 at Halfords to a decent Ā£18 from @MiniMad. If you use it as directed youā€™ll get 8/10 goes.

Durability - ?. This is the unknown, it hasnā€™t been on the car long enough for me to tell, but hopefully the damper weather comes back and Iā€™ll report on durability, beading and how many washes I get before it loses it ā€œbeadynessā€. Mate in work is also using it on a white Kodiaq Sportline so Iā€™ll see how he gets on.

AA056E34-C510-4117-A2BE-CEE82175AD7E.jpeg

gsmith

RMS Regular
Angelwax formulation one wax
Retail on this is Ā£29.95 which for a 250 pot to me is well priced.
Smells nice goes on well easy to work with leaves a nice glossy finish. Quoted as 6 months protection but havenā€™t been able to confirm that yet.
Cost 8
Ease of use 8
Durability N/A
FAC052D6-5882-44D4-A1F3-AD8A28A65CE8.jpeg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Ordered another tin of this as my last one has been lent to someone and I canā€™t remember who. Actually done it with my previous tin also šŸ˜‚

But itā€™s a genuinely great product and Iā€™m only too happy to recommend it to people and even lend it for them to try it!

ECCFB575-7F41-426E-9EFB-08477D4A7828.png

Cost:10
Ease of use: 10
Durability: 10

If anyone hasnā€™t tried it and wants to, let me know!

Martyn

RMS Regular
Nice day so Iā€™m happy to be out of the house. First product of today is Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam. Reasonably new to the market after years of product stagnation.

Ease of use - 10; well, itā€™s snow foam, if all is to be believed you donā€™t actually need to do anything. Mixes up 1:10 or so.

Smell - 7; not unpleasant but not fruity/sweet

Durability - 8.5; clings well, feels like it needs a longer dwell time, I leave it on 5 minutes could do with longer.

Value for money - 7; usually on a deal on Halfords, decent 2.5 litre container.View attachment 233089View attachment 233090

You should try polar seal...

Easily the best product I have used in years!

gsmith

RMS Regular
Ordered another tin of this as my last one has been lent to someone and I canā€™t remember who. Actually done it with my previous tin also šŸ˜‚

But itā€™s a genuinely great product and Iā€™m only too happy to recommend it to people and even lend it for them to try it!

View attachment 233188

Simply put one off the easiet to use well priced waxes on the market. I still use it regularly the only problem Iā€™ve had is recommending it to people and they think itā€™s to cheap. šŸ™ˆ. Your the reason I bought it a few years ago seen you talking about it on here and ended up buying a tin or 3. Lol.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st

View attachment 233188

Yep remember you mentioning it a few years ago and bought a tin myself.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

View attachment 233188

Iā€™ve heard you mention this a few times so will have to try it.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Auto Finesse Caramics Wheel Protection Kit
View attachment 232921View attachment 232922View attachment 232920
Comes with an alcohol spray pre cleaner, 4 large applicator "cloths" a pair of gloves and the coating itself (and a wee holographic sticker to say its been coated)
Went on easy enough. You have to provide your own microfiber cloths. I found that once the coating needed buffed off , it was quite "clingy" so loads of wee fibres came off. Took a good few turns of the cloth to get rid of them. Also it said not to exceed the cure time, but doesn't tell you a cure time ! Watched a video and he just left it a minute or 2 so that's what i did.
Other than that it seemed easy enough (obviously the hard part is cleaning the wheels in the first place)
Cost was pretty good. It supposedly lasts a year , so when u think about it , its no different to a wheel sealant except it lasts longer. Also I've loads left. I've 2 sets of wheels i want to do so bought 2 kits but will easily get the both sets done without opening the other kit.
Cost Ā£30 but i bought 2 which got me free post and had a sale on for 20% off over Ā£50 (and a free mini wax)
Cost 8
Ease of use 8
Durability 8. obviously I'll not know for a while but as its no harder to apply than a wheel wax or selant it can't be that bad.
Done my other wheels and still have loads left !
20190425_112641.jpg

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Bought angelwax fallout remover yesterday and before anyone buys it,it is definitely a 0 out of 10 product .

Last edited:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Just to update the Auto Finesse "Caramics" coating. I used some of the wheel kit (i assume it's the same stuff in the bodywork kit) on a wing mirror to see how it worked. Did it a couple of weeks ago , the rest of car was done with a free tester pot of wax they sent (I've requested what variant it is) edit - "Autofiness Illusion" wax.
Wax seems good for a start, and the coating seems even better. I'll try not to use any product on that mirror for a while to see how it lasts. It definitely repels water more than the wax.
(Drivers side has coating)

Last edited:

Walder

RMS Regular

View attachment 233188

Are you applying by hand and buffing off with a polisher or cloth?

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
856477B8-5117-4C1D-A35E-175613D5743C.jpeg

Iā€™m planning on giving the underside of the NSX a detail and was looking for a product to clean all 200 of the aluminium arms (!) and had read about this stuff so I thought Iā€™d give it a go.

One word - amazing.

I have only done a test but it took all the chalky oxidisation straight off the arm I tried and made it look like new (199 to go!).

Much recommended!

@Big Pimp - a de-oxidiser could be a good addition to your range!
There may not be a massive market for it in fairness but still...