Reflex Silver mk3 caddy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Yeah I've got the armrest bits there too, I just hadn't time this evening to start swapping consoles.

Ideally I'd like to swap the steering wheel for a mk6 or 7 wheel, s3/gti pedals and the door pull triggers swapped out for metal ones instead of the nasty black plastic in the vans.

Thanks to @Darren91 I've got some parking sensors, so possibly after Xmas I might do a complete OPS park assist retrofit with either and rcd 510 or rns 510 (c/w dab and bluetooth)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yeah I've got the armrest bits there too, I just hadn't time this evening to start swapping consoles.

Ideally I'd like to swap the steering wheel for a mk6 or 7 wheel, s3/gti pedals and the door pull triggers swapped out for metal ones instead of the nasty black plastic in the vans.

Thanks to @Darren91 I've got some parking sensors, so possibly after Xmas I might do a complete OPS park assist retrofit with either and rcd 510 or rns 510 (c/w dab and bluetooth)

Mk6 R wheel on the Mk5 forum.

markmeus

RMS Regular

Just a quick tip, If you're not fussed on the bigger screen and DVD playback, it's a lot handier to go for the RNS315, as you won't need to buy a separate Bluetooth module, just the mic and wiring loom.

Last edited:

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Corrado on axle stands and you start modifying a van.....come on get your priorities straight man! :p:laughing:
Lol you missed one out, corrado on axle stands..... gets b5 s4 to play about with instead...... no snow for s4 to drift in..... buys caddy to modify instead. :p:p

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Another few little additions this week, had to get an engine cover as the CRD is a very messy looking wee motor.

20151222_100928.jpg

Also added the porsche oil and coolant caps for a little more difference in the look of it all.

Finally got round to fitting the armrest which I purchased with the rear seat conversion.

20151222_132303.jpg

Attachments

• 20151222_132303.jpg
    20151222_132303.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 151

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Well they do look slightly better from an advertising point of view, you should know cos you were behind it last night. :p

Boksic

RMS Regular
There's better shaped 3s for that kind of plate Tom foolery! If you're gonna **** with it, go all the way..

Serious work gone into that, looks like you know your stuff! Get this corrado that's been mentioned sorted out though, I haven't seen a decent one on the road in a long time!

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Got the rest of the rear seat conversion and rear footwear carpets done, ignore the sill trims, I need to get ones from a caddy maxi as they fit better (mine previously had the bulk head hence the wide trims).

20160213_170422.jpg

Some of you may have also noticed that I now have different front seats. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time and spotted a pair of these.

20160213_163020.jpg

20160213_160411.jpg

After a bit of looking, they are "supposedly" quite rare, being the fact they are from the Leon fr550. Exact same as the cupra seats but with different fabric and a media-in slot below the drivers seat.

So after adding the touran seat bases they were a direct bolt in fit. Probably going to retrim the whole interior mid year after the other more important things are done like the suspension, wheels and exterior stuff.

Last edited:

Darren91

RMS Regular
Probably going to retrive the whole interior mid year after the other more important things are done like the suspension, wheels and exterior stuff but first need to replace the head unit and steering wheel!

Fixed that for you there!

Whoever valeted those carpets done an excellent job! :p

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Lol sorry, thanks to @Darren91 for licking the carpets! Well there may be another update due in a couple of days...... but we'll have to wait and see.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.