Reflex Silver mk3 caddy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Not really much of an update, but I changed the door triggers today to the chrome ones from a touran and also the window switch to mk6 ones

20160324_173633.jpg

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Got an hour free this evening due to a wrong parts delivery, so decided to start fitting the rear belts.
Have both mounted into the rear panels out of sight, have no pictures though as the mounting points aren't fixed yet.

Needed a way of having a centre seat belt so I came up with this

20160406_154136.jpg

20160406_154129.jpg

Retractable centre belt mounted into the seat so I can still remove all the seats without belts dangling everywhere, also means it's nice and neat when nobody is using the seat.

Also thanks to @leonardodecappiccuno I've fitted this (well actually @Darren91 screwed it into the dash while I was working on his a3)

20160405_195718.jpg

I need the rcd510 so I can do the OPS and Bluetooth retrofits. I've no aerial connected at the mo as I'm going to be removing the mirrors (where the aerial is located) for the touran ones I have in the garage, so then I'll have to fit an OEM aerial base into the roof which does DAB and FM.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Finally got round to fitting these

IMG_20160411_215458.jpg

They are from the ed30 caddy (also the same as the highline touran).

New plate surrounds thanks to @Darren91 as the eBay ones weren't exactly up to much. Also fitted the Bluetooth kit and DAB aerials.

Going to speak to a guy tomorrow about doing something with the wheels I've got for it and then maybe get around to fitting them.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Couple more little packages arrived over the last week or so

IMG_20160413_171720.jpg

New gear knob to get rid of the unsightly plastic caddy one (again thanks to @Darren91 for the part exchange of work). While along the lines of getting rid of unsightly plastic things I purchased this

IMG_20160419_181917.jpg

No it's not a mk7 wheel, but a polo 6R wheel. All the buttons on a mk7 wheel will NEVER work hence the purchase of this, so by changing the steering column controller I can have a fully functional flat bottom on my caddy.

Wheels will be sent away on Thursday to get refurbed.

Last edited:

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Lol @Lyons :p , no unfortunately I haven't got my suspension yet as I'm still not sure 100% on what I want.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Finally got round to actually making the MFSW work yesterday, after a minor incident with the ignition barrel, at the same time I decided to retrofit the cruise control.

The caddy came with 549 steering controller which meant that unless I changed the complete stalk setup, slip ring and ignition barrel mount I needed to source a 549 B controller from a highline caddy. But I was fortunate enough to come across a mk6 breaking which had MFSW, park assist etc so I took everything from the steering column of it and swapped it over to the caddy (obviously changing the barrel to suit my own keys) and now everything works as should.

20160703_140120.jpg

I also fitted a set of genuine gti/vrs/s3 pedals, I had to separate and build the throttle pedal to my own as the gti Base is narrower than the caddy.

20160703_140106.jpg

Next up will probably be the full OPS, as I got the rear loom, controller and button from the mk6. Just need to get a main loom and front loom for it. (then modify it all to fit mine)

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
It's been quite a while since I updated this..... as a few of you have already seen I had left the Caddy up with PMG for a bit of correction work.... safe to say it was well needed and left in the right hands

Screenshot_20170306-230542.jpg

the only completed recent addition to this is a complete OEM OPS system, multiple looms were sourced and the flush fit genuine sensors mounted into the bumpers.

20170304_162519.jpg

20170304_162533_001.jpg

20170304_143016.jpg

I nearly forgot..... there was also set of genuine heater control knows to replace the gash looking Chinese equivalent!

RevT

RMS Regular
I've saw this a few times over the last couple of months travelling through Ballykelly/Limavady. Looks very well for silver as I'm not usually a fan. Recognised it at first from the plates I made. (y)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
What headlights are these you’ve fitted mate?

Any more updates in the last 2 years, lol?

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Cool wee van mate! Love the seat install.

Do the back seats pass mot ok?

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
@Big Pimp those are the touran xenon's, sadly I've been too busy with work and moving to new premises, buying new equipment etc that I never got round to doing anymore with the van.

Still have a few plans for it and hopefully at some stage this year I'll get some of them done :monkey:

@TheDaniel yeah it's been mot'd every year with no issues, to be honest I don't think they care too much about the back seats

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.