Rick's C6 RS6

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Recently taken ownership of this weapon of mass consumption, I think I've filled it from near empty 10/11 times in 2000 miles lmfao which is 70 odd litres a go, at present it is stock but that will be changing rather abruptly. It is de restricted from factory, but once I have it toyed with in MRC it should be capable of 200+

I plan to de chrome the trim along with a few bits of paintwork which need taken care of as I'm not happy with the paint.

It's going for a 3" cat back exhaust hopefully next week removing secondary cats, possibly non resonated with swappable resonators to be safe.

It's not the most agile of cars for spirited driving, but can be driven hard on a decent stretch of road.

Its surprisingly easy to throw the back end out even when dry. It has Kumho Ecsta PS91s on atm which tbh would be adequate for maybe an S3/4/5 given their lightness, but for circa 2 tonne I'll be swapping up to Michelin MP4S as the stability gets skittish in the top end of the speedo.

I'll get more photos once I get a good clean and will be adding photos as I modify her.

First mod was practicality focused, but the rest will be performance and looks.

Possibly the highest mileage example about and still climbing as it's a daily driver

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Here's a few pics of the work being carried out to hopefully future proof it for another 150k miles.

Coolant hoses replaced, common fault due to corrosion. Oil pump seal due to fail around every 80k miles or so according to Audi (not happy about this tbh, but the engine gets phenomenally hot) along with other bits and pieces and seals because why not when the engine is out!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Serious serious piece of equipment.

Also fair ****ing play for getting a high miler. Nowadays too many cars are overlooked for being over 100k+ balls to that.

It's really is, I find myself thinking it is a little slow because I'm used to the power and comfort of it, but anyone I've had out in it thinks it's numbingly fast, easy to sit in license losing territory and think you're doing 60... But it's possibly the last balls to the wall engine to be put into a "normal" car, what with downsizing and all that crap.

I know the history and have no issue with big mile cars, the two common "big" faults are the oil seal and coolant pipes which are both sorted. If the DRC suspension hour I'll be looking at Bilsteins to replace them.

A main dealer doing that work would scare the **** out of me !! I wouldnt trust most to do an oil change ! lol

It was sort of the only option here, as Audi I think are the only ones this side of the water to have done this job, unit 20 or MRC would have been ideal but they're not easily accessible.

I actually hold Belfast Audi in a whole new regard ! Assuming it is them

Yeah it is, but now there's a clinking noise from around the gearbox which wasn't there before so as I expected they aren't the best choice.

If you think it's impressive Audi doing it on their workshop, there's another owner who did it himself in the driveway

Attachments

• 20180401_155947_zpsyxymmgld.jpg
    20180401_155947_zpsyxymmgld.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 1,086

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
I'm more impressed by the little frame they have it all bolted to than anything else ! lol

I'm sure it didnt go back together anywhere near the way it does at the factory though

If you think about it a hand pallet truck is capable of moving 1 tonne pallets, this thing was maybe twice the length of a regular pallet truck and operated like one. It would certainly make DIY engine work a lot easier haha

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If you think about it a hand pallet truck is capable of moving 1 tonne pallets, this thing was maybe twice the length of a regular pallet truck and operated like one. It would certainly make DIY engine work a lot easier haha

It was more the pickup points etc they use, obviously it's some sort of Audi tool for that and other similar applications. Not really something you can store in your toolboox or rollcab anyway ! lol

neil-c

RMS Regular
Great car! What are the tuning options with this engine? And what gains would be expected?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Great car! What are the tuning options with this engine? And what gains would be expected?

More limited here compared with the mainland, from what I understand a basic map on 99ron will touch on 650+hp, milltek exhaust and filters and map is 720-750 and 3" turbo back with performance filters sees 800 without any tweaks to the engine .

There are several cars with 900+ from just hybrid turbos and uprated intercoolers, but when they go to that power they start upgrading everything

Given we have a questionable 97ron super I expect I could look at over 700 maybe 740.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
It was more the pickup points etc they use, obviously it's some sort of Audi tool for that and other similar applications. Not really something you can store in your toolboox or rollcab anyway ! lol

Yes! When speaking with the tech looking after the car he mentioned the alternator or some similar part on an S5 required an engine drop so they've had to use it a number of times I imagine

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love this! Have thought about these a couple of times now, especially an MRC’d one, but it was the agility and the worry about o rings and coolant pipes put me off in the end. I still find myself drawn to them though!

Health to enjoy and look forward to your updates!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Love this! Have thought about these a couple of times now, especially an MRC’d one, but it was the agility and the worry about o rings and coolant pipes put me off in the end. I still find myself drawn to them though!

Health to enjoy and look forward to your updates!

The agility is definitely a downfall, however considering its a 2T behemoth it's not that bad, I plan on getting ARBs which apparently improve the handling.

I feel like a kid might at the start of December, MRC is just around the corner and I can't wait!

I'm hoping to achieve sleeper status with this, however it'll probably be too loud, but removal of chrome mirrors and any RS badges will make the average Joe think it's just another wagon

colin84

RMS Regular
Some eye watering bills there I'm sure, but fair play for keeping the car right.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
OP
quattro Rick
Drives
quattro / M796
Some eye watering bills there I'm sure, but fair play for keeping the car right.

I think I was too vague haha, everyone I've shown the pic to thinks it's new disc/pads, I installed a stud kit for the wheels, replacing the fiddly bolt setup that VAG cars come with

The rear discs and pads are fairly new and the front don't look to be much older, will have to double check when they were done, but iirc they last a suprising length of time

colin84

RMS Regular
I think I was too vague haha, everyone I've shown the pic to thinks it's new disc/pads, I installed a stud kit for the wheels, replacing the fiddly bolt setup that VAG cars come with

The rear discs and pads are fairly new and the front don't look to be much older, will have to double check when they were done, but iirc they last a suprising length of time

I actually was referring to paying for Audi to pull the engine out, not many people would.
Although it does look like new discs in the second pic.