RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
What are you using for brushes between the roller door and lintel as I also have the same problem?
@Neil_M @FM155
You can get brushes for them. The one on mine has long bristles that flick easily over the ridges as the door rolls up and down. They come in long lengths 3, 4, 5 metres etc.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
What are you using for brushes between the roller door and lintel as I also have the same problem?
@Neil_M @FM155

ive been assured mine won’t have a gap but we will wait and see lol

Plastering should be complete this week

Plumber next then the concrete for upstairs

I’ve the garage doors ordered too, that’ll make it weather tight

0ACF4803-EADF-4C74-96BB-EF364B2C97E5.jpeg

490E9468-A3B0-4208-BD4C-13F7F3E93191.jpeg

E35A8535-6936-41FC-AF17-509BFFAA9F87.jpeg

B90DA56A-E368-4AFB-A40E-510A8CD6119B.jpeg

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Toilet install underway. Near got divorced over the debate about where it should be situated. Mrs Lyons wanted it up the side and therefore would’ve encroached in a car bay. The very cheek of it.

View attachment 286641View attachment 286642
Toilet was the best addition to our garage, even for just being able to wash your hands without tramping back into the house

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
ive been assured mine won’t have a gap but we will wait and see lol

Plastering should be complete this week

Plumber next then the concrete for upstairs

I’ve the garage doors ordered too, that’ll make it weather tight

View attachment 286597
View attachment 286595
View attachment 286594
View attachment 286596

Maybe you’ve already stated this so apologies if you have and I’m being a lazy arse not searching through the thread 🙈 but what size is this garage if you don’t mind me asking? Keen to know length, depth and ceiling heights in particular - looks to be just about bang on on the first floor for conversion to a little separate annex if the need/want arose!? Thanks 👍

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Opened the door of mine for the first time in 2 months or so. Have a bita time off coming up so will hopefully get a few more bits done 😂
Didn’t take an after picture but swept the floor out. Storm winds cleaned the cobwebs and and crap they’d caught from the peak rafters 😂

E81C49F7-9E8E-46C4-8E45-600BF16A7918.jpeg
482D33FC-D92D-44B6-A6DE-78322346DD3D.jpeg

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Maybe you’ve already stated this so apologies if you have and I’m being a lazy arse not searching through the thread 🙈 but what size is this garage if you don’t mind me asking? Keen to know length, depth and ceiling heights in particular - looks to be just about bang on on the first floor for conversion to a little separate annex if the need/want arose!? Thanks 👍

it’s 12.125 x 6.5m inside. Ceiling is 2.5m

Yeah upstairs could easily be divided up with stud wall if you wanted down the line

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Toilet was the best addition to our garage, even for just being able to wash your hands without tramping back into the house

Yup this is it. Our downstairs toilet in the house is at the opposite side to the back door, so it’s a disaster with kids when they’re outside.

Reactions: Ben

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
I see what you mean about the max size! Not much room to screw the sheetsl on there :grinning:

No theres not much space left at the sides at all lol, I think I have made the right decision with the size. The guys laying the base weren't so sure it would work but it did after abit of jigging. there is only one tight area that I am a wee bit concerned with but it will be grand, it's in now no going back lol

MarkM

RMS Regular
No theres not much space left at the sides at all lol, I think I have made the right decision with the size. The guys laying the base weren't so sure it would work but it did after abit of jigging. there is only one tight area that I am a wee bit concerned with but it will be grand, it's in now no going back lol

Yet to be confirmed but my steel should be going up next Thursday week :laughing:

Chris0

RMS Regular
I have been looking at rendered steel garages but it seems they are double the price of a steel garage.

So... Is there any plasterers on here that could give me an idea of price to plaster/render the outside? Lisburn direction

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Toilet install underway. Near got divorced over the debate about where it should be situated. Mrs Lyons wanted it up the side and therefore would’ve encroached in a car bay. The very cheek of it.

View attachment 286641View attachment 286642

I want to get min sorted this year too, pain in the ass having to go to the house when your working on something.

I left all the pipework and everything under the stairs , will be tight enough but will do the job. Ended up loosing about 1200 off the garage because of the stairs.

If i was to do it again i would put an external staircase at the gable and keep it separate as its the wifes salon anyway.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Our plans were passed with external stairs, but we abandoned that to save a bit of £. Luckily stairs in 1 corner and a toilet in the other still means I’ll be able to get 3 cars in.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Our plans were passed with external stairs, but we abandoned that to save a bit of £. Luckily stairs in 1 corner and a toilet in the other still means I’ll be able to get 3 cars in.

I probably would have room for the 3 but i only put 2 doors in, so ended up a real comfortable 2 car garage and now i want an extension ..lol