RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
We used to have a massive issue with it in a warehouse we had but put in some heaters to regulate the temperature and seemed to help.

It was patchy then I opened the 3 doors and it got a lot worse.

i presume with it being bare concrete it doesn’t help.

The floor upstairs is still drying out too

John_MK5

RMS Regular
Threw out the rubbish that had accumulated, moved in a new roll cart as the orange mac box is full. Halfords cabinet beside the box to put the coffee machine on and the biscuits into. Need to get the walls painted and some new wall lights up.

1C81F781-83DD-483B-BBF4-03C8EB3D8B20.jpeg
0135EBD8-7346-423C-B57E-82EA43C3439C.jpeg

AC

RMS Regular
Now that's a proper man cave, nice one @NoGrip. I'd love to have an area big enough for a lift. I'm sure that buggy is some craic

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Got a double four post lift from Down Garage Equipment to help with car storage. It also lets me put heavy stuff on top of the workshops, bonus!

View attachment 295470

That is a class setup, more pics of the double 4 post needed! Your 2 post looks the same as my one, wee twin busch? What's with the support on the top and guidelines, concrete not deep enough and extra precautions taken just?

NoGrip

RMS Regular
Drives
the wife mad
That is a class setup, more pics of the double 4 post needed! Your 2 post looks the same as my one, wee twin busch? What's with the support on the top and guidelines, concrete not deep enough and extra precautions taken just?

Yeah, it's the wee 4.2T Twin Busch. The floor is 5"-6" thick and I added the tension cables first as a bit of a precaution. Later on I added the overhead bridge which takes a lot of the stress away from the floor bolts.

I'm going to completely floor in the 4 poster so it's one big moving platform and I'll add some pictures in the next couple of weeks.

Lots of info & sizes on the TB website here: 4 post double parking lift

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Yeah, it's the wee 4.2T Twin Busch. The floor is 5"-6" thick and I added the tension cables first as a bit of a precaution. Later on I added the overhead bridge which takes a lot of the stress away from the floor bolts.

I'm going to completely floor in the 4 poster so it's one big moving platform and I'll add some pictures in the next couple of weeks.

Lots of info & sizes on the TB website here: 4 post double parking lift

Funny I just ordered a 4.2T clear floor twin busch from down garage services after seeing a pair at blackline and putting the ram on one.

NoGrip

RMS Regular
Drives
the wife mad
Funny I just ordered a 4.2T clear floor twin busch from down garage services after seeing a pair at blackline and putting the ram on one.
Would have loved a clear floor myself but just didn't have the height.

Reactions: Ged

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Would have loved a clear floor myself but just didn't have the height.

Hard working on anything RWD or 4wd with the cables in the way, they are a decent lift, the dodge ram is 23ft long and 3.5T and it had no bother with it.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Clear floor definitely the way forward, wish I'd gone that way myself! I learnt the hard way trying to wheel the MX5 on wheel dollies over the top of the cables/wee ramp. Not happening at all ffs

NoGrip

RMS Regular
Drives
the wife mad
Got some 18mm sheeting for the floor of the 4 poster. Want to make sure these two don't drip below :rolleyes:
IMG_20200919_101921_copy_1280x960.jpg

IMG_20200919_140037_copy_1280x960.jpg

IMG_20200919_140609_copy_1280x960.jpg

Dead handy now to get the heavy stuff up into the loft space too. Added some pipe lagging so I don't smack my bap :laughing:. Just waiting on a mounting plate to reposition the control unit.
IMG_20200920_091541_copy_1280x960.jpg