RMS highest miler

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
@PeteMoore will arrive in and walk away with the high mile honours.

Highest I had was my black mk4, I sold it with 190k and the new owner took it to 220k before the clutch began to slip. It was sold on, and was apparently getting a clutch replaced, so good for many more miles.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
biggest high miler i had was a black taxi i had just brought in with 570,000 miles. it was just after the dvla had brought in the emissions test here. i begged the MOT man not to rev it too high but he said he had to. not only did it not explode it passed the emission test easily.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Ex undercover octavia have 264k on it. Engine was like new rest was falling around it. Still drove to the scrap, clutch, flywheel, brake servo, windows didn't work, no interior lights, no sunroof and didn't lock. But still sucked up the miles for along time.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
You never really see any cars advertised with over 200k 😕🤣.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
You never really see any cars advertised with over 200k 😕🤣.

When I bought the RR sport there wasn’t any point selling a reliable ST Mondeo as it wasn’t worth much tbh. So I kept it as a second card to take the dog out and use it the odd day to work

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
My first car, a 520i with 215k
550C2AF5-A4EE-4ED9-ACB8-29D097D0655D.jpeg

Last edited:

BobSpounge

RMS Regular

Probably the only Mk4 never to be clocked lol. Doubt the Mk6 will have been as good to him.

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Had a MK3 Clio DCI. I took it from 8k to 148k in 4 years, then sold it to my cousin who drove it to 178k then the car was wrote off. Original battery, clutch, exhaust. 100k of motorway miles and serviced every 10k helped keep it healthy..the leather steering wheel was in bad shape. Most reliable car I have owned.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Had a 1.9 berlingo with 225000 miles on it before it lay down...highest miles I've seen on a car is 600 odd k on a old merc taxi.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I bought a mk3 golf estate with 170k on it and vowed to get it to 200k, got it too 205k I think but it was a struggle. Failed MOT at 196k need a pile of welding, how i got it through i have no idea
Was that scrapped?
Did the Vento and Octy not have spaceship miles too?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Had a 1.9 berlingo with 225000 miles on it before it lay down...highest miles I've seen on a car is 600 odd k on a old merc taxi.

You've just reminded me. My mates dad's 300d had over 800k on it. It was in a right state but he wanted to push it on to see if he could get to 1m miles. It got burnt out when his workshop went on fire so never saw that milestone.

He owned it from new and the only white diesel it saw was the stuff that was in the tank when he bought it.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Was that scrapped?
Did the Vento and Octy not have spaceship miles too?

Yeah, think david was just sitting waiting for a call from me 😂. Vento was 160k when i first had it, probably 100k more now.

Octavia only had something like 140k, well thats what the clocks said, seemed more like double that.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Unfortunately new cars won’t see mileage like this. ‘Don’t make them like they used to.’

Bryan

RMS Regular
My Ford Ranger has 204k on it. Judging by the fuel economy I am getting it must have previously had very rich owners to do that many miles... or have been on the ribena.

I think @stevieturbo wins the highest mile award so far... need to see pics of this steed though.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
I'm now looking at high mileage cars on auto trader, great value if it doesn't **** itself 🤣

Screenshot_20210404-220959_Auto Trader.jpg

Reactions: ALN

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Just these 2 filters for the craic, not my usual search.

Screenshot_20210404-222833_Auto Trader.jpg