RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Well just in the door after bleeding brakes and there better than before, finished off other small things and now she's back on her wheels and I'm taking it to work tomorrow. Only got out at 10pm as was away all evening

Getting the father to put balancing sand it the to rear offroad wheels as the boys that fitted them didn't and I will get them fitted tomorrow after work, also trim the mudflaps and fit the new abs sensor if it comes.

Getting pretty excited now :p

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looking forward to seeing yours perform now @weeloaney with the new wheels and tyres!

I've got 2.5ton of concrete to lift in mine tomorrow morning and once I'm home it's time for the spacers to go on and a 5 minute check of all fluids.
Found out the locking diff air pipe has broken off, but to be honest I think it's been like that for years so I mustn't have needed it at Todd Leap that last day lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Looking forward to seeing yours perform now @weeloaney with the new wheels and tyres!

I've got 2.5ton of concrete to lift in mine tomorrow morning and once I'm home it's time for the spacers to go on and a 5 minute check of all fluids.
Found out the locking diff air pipe has broken off, but to be honest I think it's been like that for years so I mustn't have needed it at Todd Leap that last day lol

So am i

Must Check the fluids too, she leaks most of them :p

You done well on the steep slope without it if that's the case, as you got stuck and started half way again.

What size are your tyres? I would have liked wider, but only for looks :p

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
So am i

Must Check the fluids too, she leaks most of them :p

You done well on the steep slope without it if that's the case, as you got stuck and started half way again.

What size are your tyres? I would have liked wider, but only for looks :p

Centre diff still locks alright, just the rear LSD doesn't. Brute force and ignorance will get me through most stuff lol, I'm expecting the shogun to be retired for good after the event anyways as it'll not go through the mot next month.
Tyres are 31/1050 R15s. Would've liked 33's for the look but they need slight bodywork modifications.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Centre diff still locks alright, just the rear LSD doesn't. Brute force and ignorance will get me through most stuff lol, I'm expecting the shogun to be retired for good after the event anyways as it'll not go through the mot next month.
Tyres are 31/1050 R15s. Would've liked 33's for the look but they need slight bodywork modifications.

Keep me in mind for the tyres if you're retiring her Gav. I dare say she'll be handy left as she is as a work horse around the house though, if you can talk yourself into fuelling it for short trips... Lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Will do @Nicky, if it needs too much for mot I'll either return to standard and sell for whatever, or as it has been such a valuable asset with the house build I had an idea to make a coffee table out of the V6 engine block lol, like a lasting legacy to the old girl.

Either way I'll let you know about the wheels/tyres

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Will do @Nicky, if it needs too much for mot I'll either return to standard and sell for whatever, or as it has been such a valuable asset with the house build I had an idea to make a coffee table out of the V6 engine block lol, like a lasting legacy to the old girl.

Either way I'll let you know about the wheels/tyres

Grand job. Sure I'll bid you bad money and we can discuss it on Sunday :p

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Yeah, brute force and ignorance definitely works. And I will be doing the same this time :p

I would have loved a similar size as yours.

Yours are 265/75 R15 in metric

Settled for 235/85 r16, as there nearly the same width as my 255/50 R19 road tyres but nearly 3 inches taller

i'm looking forward to seeing yours too now @weeloaney - especially after the trip down to newry on them!

Working on a 2014 vogue atm so will be nice to see the differences in it. New Vogue is friggin huge compared to my old machine.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Full height

IMAG4129.jpg

Access height :p

IMAG4132.jpg

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
I think those are the same size tyres that I have @weeloaney
I really wanted the 285's but they would have looked very out of place on the wee series lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That looks the business @weeloaney :grinning:

Have fun tomorrow everyone! Was thinking about heading up for a chat and photos and a sneaky passenger run or two, but the poor wee Hondus is still in bits and needs bolted back together, lol. Spring is almost here!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I may have some rubbing issues but we'll see.

Really sick this morning/today so hopefully clears up by this evening. Trying to gradually rehydrate and get a bit of food in me

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I know it's late @Graham but just remembered you saying after the last time you'd like to take photos.

It's late to tell ya but I thought I'd give you the heads up anyway

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Toast and berocca has helped me........ A bit!
Slowly taking in toast, it is the food for when your sick.

About to take some lemon tea for the first time, meant to be good. Bound be nicer than just hot water too. I take vitamin C drink every morning think it's why I very very rarely get sick.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Slowly taking in toast, it is the food for when your sick.

About to take some lemon tea for the first time, meant to be good. Bound be nicer than just hot water too. I take vitamin C drink every morning think it's why I very very rarely get sick.

I'm the same. Berocca every morning and haven't been sick in more than 2 years. This is grim!