RMS Rolling Road Day - 21st Nov - GSportscars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsportcars

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus ISupra
Apologies for my absence on this thread so far. I've had a busy week or two there with other unrelated stuff but I'm on the ball now :p

Anyway, it seems like the numbers are very good so far. Some very nice cars due to attend! I really liked the variety of the last RMS dyno day.

I have yet to have a proper read back through the whole thread to get the full details, but in general the way the dyno days are operated at Gsport HQ are as follows..... (If anyone wants to correct me or change the time/arrangement etc etc etc then please just give me a shout via PM or email etc. Most things can be sorted).....

So kick off is around 9.30. Usually there may be a couple of requests for early runs which I have no problem with at all. Simply speak to whoever is organising cars (@Rooneyrocket ??) arriving beforehand and we can get you on the rollers and away early if need be.

All being well, we'll get 25 cars done on the day. Any additional entries are on a reserve list as mentioned and taken if time permits.

@pablo did a cracking job at the last RMS dyno day as far as taking deposits before the day and accepting the remaining payment from each runner on the day. Ideally somebody will do something similar this time around but if not I will operate it as... when you get the dyno print out you pay the remaining £25. Either way... a small deposit of £5 should be secured for each car, a minimum of a few days beforehand. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but it simply lets me know how many will actually attend.
Pablo did set up an RMS paypal deposit on the last event but if that's not available this time, then people can send a £5 deposit via paypal to...

info@gsportcars.co.uk

Please include in the comments.... RMS username, actual name (so I don't have to call you fastcorsa99 etc:p), car make/model/registration. This makes it much easier to prepare for the day and have things flow smoothly.

So long as we get a confirmed 15-20 runners with deposits paid, I'm happy to put on some tea/coffee sandwiches/snacks etc. (Well Mrs Gsport is happy to :grinning:).

As for the location of Gsport HQ for anoyone who hasn't been before....
Enter BT8 6SB into your satnav. This will get you to Ballymaconaghy Road. Once on that road you want to follow the signs for Mount Ober Golf club. Gsport is located on the same laneway/entrance as the main Mount Ober Golf Club. You will see the image below with parking directions.

EVERYONE should follow the blue line into the parking area also outlined in blue. We will take 2-3 cars at a time into Gsport, (entrance shown in black), as space for turning is limited. Ideally, as one person exits Gsport after their run, they will park in the blue area which will allow another participant to enter the queue. The idea being that we have a nice flow of runners just outside the door and ready to go. What we try to avoid are cars being parked and left in the immediate premises which can cause difficulties.

If anyone who is running a particularly low car is able to raise it for the day and for the purposes of the dyno run then that helps a huge amount. Low cars can be run but generally require extra time etc.

The only one thing I personally ask... is that all drivers attending (whether on the dyno or not), please do not act anti socially when coming or going. I am always sensitive to the fact that Gsport is right next door to a golf course / driving range. I would very much like to maintain a perfect record of zero noise complaints:grinning:. Everyone so far has been excellent in this regard!!!

The above being said.... I'm looking forward to it. Always great craic with good people and lots of noise.

I don't think I can paste this to the original post but if one of the admin wouldn't mind pasting this into the original post also, then that would be great.

Many thanks,
Gav,

Dyno day entrance.png

Last edited:

Darley_GTD

RMS Member
Drives
Mk7 Golf GTD
For sending my deposit which one do I click?? Thanks Kyle

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
I might have to pull out as my lower lip is ****ed (as mentioned) which means it will most definitely catch on the rollers as it slightly caught last time when it was sitting down.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
Hey guys, I won't be able to make it to this. Reason being I got a new job which I start tomorrow and they will need me to work this Saturday also.

So hopefully someone will be able to take over running the day.

I was looking forward to this.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@gsportcars are non-standard splitters ever a problem on the rollers, like the one on mine below for example, the car is lowered about 30mm roughly

image-jpg.96445

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I might have to pull out as my lower lip is ****ed (as mentioned) which means it will most definitely catch on the rollers as it slightly caught last time when it was sitting down.
If its already wrecked do you even care if it catches? Throw a couple of cuts of wood in the boot just incase you need help getting on/off. I used to always have a few in the boot or my e39 (i ended up hacksawing the lower m sport splitters off it as they were smashed to bits) and mk5 gti as they were seriously low. Got air suspension now so its all good :grinning:

PhilM

RMS Regular
If its already wrecked do you even care if it catches? Throw a couple of cuts of wood in the boot just incase you need help getting on/off. I used to always have a few in the boot or my e39 (i ended up hacksawing the lower m sport splitters off it as they were smashed to bits) and mk5 gti as they were seriously low. Got air suspension now so its all good :grinning:

What he said

@WSM

It'll do it no harm

Phil

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
List updated.

Added 'deposit paid' to the names I think have sent deposits (from reading this thread). If I've missed you out, or mistakenly marked you as paid, copy the list and fix it.

1. pablo/Clio 197 - Deposit paid
2. McMurray/S2000 - Deposit paid
3. Hippy ep3
4. Burt2000/Leon Cupra - Deposit paid
5. AC/Golf GTi - Deposit paid
6. Con Honda Del Sol SiR
7. Phil(m) Toyota starlet
8. WSM / M4
9. jok0212 / Leon Cupra R - Deposit paid
10.mn5587/ CLK 55
11. Ricky2 MR2
12. Kyle Darley - Honda Civic Ep3 - Deposit paid
13. Jamie Scott - Abarth 500
14. Ceebl - Mk5 GTI - Deposit paid
15. Renman8957- R56 JCW - Deposit paid
16. Jessy - 335
17. Stocky - Mk7 Golf R - Deposit paid
18. miniator- Astra H VXR - Deposit paid
19. Stuart - RS Megane

mn5587

RMS Regular
Drives
CLK 55 AMG
1. pablo/Clio 197 - Deposit paid
2. McMurray/S2000 - Deposit paid
3. Hippy ep3
4. Burt2000/Leon Cupra - Deposit paid
5. AC/Golf GTi - Deposit paid
6. Con Honda Del Sol SiR
7. Phil(m) Toyota starlet
8. WSM / M4
9. jok0212 / Leon Cupra R - Deposit paid
10.mn5587/ CLK 55 Deposit paid
11. Ricky2 MR2
12. Kyle Darley - Honda Civic Ep3 - Deposit paid
13. Jamie Scott - Abarth 500
14. Ceebl - Mk5 GTI - Deposit paid
15. Renman8957- R56 JCW - Deposit paid
16. Jessy - 335
17. Stocky - Mk7 Golf R - Deposit paid
18. miniator- Astra H VXR - Deposit paid
19. Stuart - RS Megane

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.