Robson's Rovers - BMC / BL / AR / MINI / MG-R

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Mate, random question. I'm very near to buying one of these, do the rear seats fold down???

PS: Sweet looking motor:grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I havent had the nerve yet to wash the car in work lol good work (y) when you next in ards?

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
front makes me scared looking it, im expecting see blue flashy lights lol!

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
think you drove past me on sat eve outside the waterfront. if it was, it looked mean!"

Think so, around 5ish? Picking up the misses from work.

Cheers for the comments folks. You do get people hammering along, and slowing down behind me, creeping forward and then burning off when they see im not the fuzz. Lol.

L_wire, im really impressed. Drives great and handles nice as she has the optional x power sports suspension. Not super fast but as quick as a remaped pd 130 golf for rough comparision. Pulls strongly to 130 mph. Apparently.

Shes thirsty when pushed, had her below 12 mpg the other evening, but gives me 33mpg when driving normal, over taking etc, and will do 42 mpg on a motorway run at 65mph. Had a LPG quote, £1800 in the new year so going to get that done also. Comfortable for four adults but five is a bit tight. Mind you the boot is huge. Got four sets of golf clubs into it.

Overall id of had to spend at least twice what I payed to get a Vw passet of similar spec, miles and so on. Very happy, even with the Rover old man banter and found a great owners club which has saved me a fortune on insurance (try £160 for a £3 a year fee) as it qualifies under the MG heritage group of future classic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
The empire strikes fecking back!!!

Well it had to happen really didnt it! Nothing came close to my last one in my budget, and then lady luck threw me this. :cool:

New_1.jpg

New_2.jpg

*Edit, I got my facts wrong having decoded my VIN on an owners forum and realising its a 160 not a 190 engine, which suits me as its about 5mpg better lol!*

Shes a 2001 MG ZT V6 160+ this time, so exactly the same car, same spec as before, same colour also cept with a tow bar, sunroof (so no silly choping holes in it ideas!) some tints at the rear and so on, pure billy bargain and shes off on Monday for pre MOT service and then hopefully can rock around in her before April is over. (y)

Plans, service, mot, then give her a through polishing and general tidying up and rock her for some time to come.

Happy? My pants have never been so stained. :party:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nice one. So does this mean you have two of these now or did you sell the old one?

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Sold the last one as had a mystery fault that no one wanred to touch.

This is my second and whilst it needs tidying for 500 notes its hard to beat.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Now that's a bargain!! Fair play...

Do like these buses. Liked my old ZS

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Heres a few new ones, I know no one likes these motors as much as me but still, your mum liked the back seat last night. Yeow. :p

Well here she is as she sits in my work yard, Project ''ZT 500'' from the start before ive done anything to her.

mg-170410-14.jpg

mg-170410-12.jpg

mg-170410-11.jpg

mg-170410-10.jpg

mg-170410-6.jpg

mg-170410-8.jpg

mg-170410-9.jpg

mg-170410-7.jpg

mg-170410-5.jpg

mg-170410-3.jpg

(Changer in glove box and damage to seat below, plus drivers seat has cable issues)

mg-170410-15.jpg

mg-170410-16.jpg

Current favourite photo.

Not bad for 500 Sterling with some road Tax, just needs a good buff, and maybe two or three stone chips sorted for the outside paintwork, oh and two new front Federal tyres to match the other two new ones (225/45/18) as they wont MOT on thursday week imo.

I am looking someone to touch up the small chips of paint around the car as its tidier than my last one. Anyone got any recemmendations in Belfast area?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Excellent find, could well be tempted by one of these for me next daily driver (still undecided to sell Bora or run it into the groud, who would buy it with 170k on it?)

Im sure your glad to have one again instead of the fiesta!

Health to drive lad (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Absolute bargain IMO.

Wish I could find one for that dough.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Excellent find, could well be tempted by one of these for me next daily driver (still undecided to sell Bora or run it into the groud, who would buy it with 170k on it?)

Im sure your glad to have one again instead of the fiesta!

Health to drive lad (y)

Lad its a sporty and decent Bora. Id reckon you'd sell it quick enough, but IMO you wont get the same mpg outta the 131bhp diesel ZT (e46 bmw diesel engine, modified for FWD setup) verses a 130 tdi bora.

Most members dont get above 54mpg on the motorway, but the autos pump out low 50's with ease.

If you where serious about a diesel one, or anyone else was about buying one in general id gladly go with them to help them out.

One thing I will say, the 2001-2004 mk1 Rover 75 SE Coninassure (spelling wrong!), its actually the ZT also with the ZT chassis, suspension, braking and styling changes just in the Rover 75 colour range. (y)

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
The one thing that scares me about getting rid of mine is that I know exactly what its faults are, and ive spent alot of money maintaining it, everything that needs done has been, and if I get a new car you never really know what your getting.

But ill still consider it, id need to look and see how much mine is worth, and what I can get for the money. Would also have to consider an older 5 Series too.

Cheers for the offer though, ill get in touch if I do sell up (y)

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Thats alot of car for 500 sheets, you going to tint the lights the same as the last one?

Not this time, I fancy these instead, which are OEM Projectors and they look quite sweet also with them costing less than 200 including ballasts for a Xenon conversion. (y)

008.jpg

But ive since discovered this OEM X part kit below, its just skirts and rear spats, might even change the big spoiler to small spoiler like this one but I think it makes a big change to the car in general.

mgztkit.jpg

(y)

Ironicially, the car is now the spec of car I wanted my last one to be, so ive really no excuse now for not doing what I want to do! :laughing: