Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
this thread really has given me the horn for a ZT :oops:

I wouldnt have another MG. They are pure scrap heaps mate. :party:

Some really rough ones out there for a lot more than i payed for mine mate, especially the ''government owner'' ones if you know what I mean.

If you where interested, come down to the meeting on 1st August, going to be just about every engine and spec and estate/saloon type there for advice and banter. (y)

One thing I will say, is if you go for the V6 its going to near 400 quid a year on road tax currently. :sob:

The 1.8T is good if you uprate the head gasket correctly, and are comfortably pushing out nearly 200bhp once remaped and re-gasketed. (y)

Also several 190ish bhp diesel models now people have worked out the best combo of parts for power and torque on the forums.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Only problem is, im very proper tempted by Fiesta RS Turbo vents on the bonnet, done properly mind you, not stick on ones. :p
Sounds absolutely ridiculous given the smoothness and roundness of the car :confounded: But i await pictures to prove me wrong :p

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I wouldnt have another MG. They are pure scrap heaps mate. :party:

Some really rough ones out there for a lot more than i payed for mine mate, especially the ''government owner'' ones if you know what I mean.

If you where interested, come down to the meeting on 1st August, going to be just about every engine and spec and estate/saloon type there for advice and banter. (y)

One thing I will say, is if you go for the V6 its going to near 400 quid a year on road tax currently. :sob:

The 1.8T is good if you uprate the head gasket correctly, and are comfortably pushing out nearly 200bhp once remaped and re-gasketed. (y)

Also several 190ish bhp diesel models now people have worked out the best combo of parts for power and torque on the forums.

Oh i know they are complete heaps, there was 2 head gaskets put in my ZS+ and one put in my grandas :broken_heart:

I had a nosey on MG forum ages ago and there was chat of turbo Kseries with new landrover gaskets (y)

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Yes mate, the new gaskets (in the K series eg, 1.4-1.8 range) are really proving their worth, its a shame the engine was so rushed, just look at what lotus did with it, 187bhp in N/A form.

Id quite happily buy any Rover/MG now as long as I could get the new gasket into her asap. (y)

Sounds absolutely ridiculous given the smoothness and roundness of the car :confounded: But i await pictures to prove me wrong :p

Know what you mean... but I saw this the other day.

JH4Q4611.jpg

And got me thinking they are very small and subtle, and on a dark car you would barely notice them....

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Thats a funny lookin Fiesta RS turbo :party:

and with that, im out......

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Finally started getting some things done to the ZT after clearing a few debts first.

Been trying to upgrade a lot of mechanicals, car has 117k miles on it, so its been essential maintenance on various bit, but mostly the car is rocking along nicely.

Got a 325 mm front brake set-up (190/V8) coming now having ordered some callipers on ebay to upgrade from my front 282mm ones, so hoping to get the sorted sometime before winter. (y)

Mean time, the car just came back from SQ Design (thanks to Chris and the gang for a fantastic job and colour match), having been repaired after being damaged in work and had mangled a sill also quite badly!

Thankfully I had the Xpower kit for the ZT sitting waiting to get painted, so they did the whole lot at once. (y) Got a laguna splitter to go on also, as they really suit the ZT, so hoping to do that later in the week also. Also fitted some MG7 rear tail lights, which where a bugger to track down and import from China.

polish-021010-12.jpg

polish-021010-2.jpg

polish-021010-3.jpg

polish-021010-6.jpg

polish-021010-9.jpg

polish-021010-11.jpg

polish-021010-13.jpg

(No fancy products for me!)

polish-021010-19.jpg

polish-021010-18.jpg

polish-021010-17.jpg

polish-021010-14.jpg

Now ive just gotta set myself some springs or coilovers to lower the car a tad (which you just cant get for ZT's!) and I will be happy with the exterior.

Not bad for an auld Rover 75. :worried:

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Plenty to go yet, and thanks folks.

Its gotta be the cheapist car ive ever owned for servicing and parts (new and old).

Not to much scene tax with them thank god.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
This is lookin really well sur!

Where did you get the MG7 lights from? Would be interested in a few MG 3SW parts for the ZR

I dunno if I got back to you but got in touch with Mel and he said the 5 Series coilies are a pain to fit, says he needed a lot of work for them to sit right :worried:

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
On our owners forum, we have a fella who is supplying us custom parts from China from the source rather than directly from MG China.

Sadly its been limited to the MG7 thus far, BUT contact Sean via this company, In Car Entertainment Systems (MG Rover head units) and tell him I referred you from the 75 and zt club and see what he can sort out for you.

Hes managed to order us 140 custom double din units specifically for our ZT's etc and hes great to chat with, so if he cant get you it, it cant be got from China.

r6kyl

RMS Regular
Drives
Tweed hat and sl
Looks absolutely awesome in that colour. If you dont tow anything i would lose the towbar tho :p

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Looks absolutely awesome in that colour. If you dont tow anything i would lose the towbar tho :p

Not a chance! The sports towbar gets very regular usage between the trailer of death and my dads trailer.

Would be scundered without it, as its two trailers full of grass everytime I cut the grass. Brown bin twice monthly my arse.

T. im honest also.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Looking good Mac! Had a look at that entertainment system, looks impressive.

Have to get another Rover meet organised to get the brm out again!

r6kyl

RMS Regular
Drives
Tweed hat and sl
Not a chance! The sports towbar gets very regular usage between the trailer of death and my dads trailer.

Would be scundered without it, as its two trailers full of grass everytime I cut the grass. Brown bin twice monthly my arse.

T. im honest also.
Lol fair enough. Just hate seeing people with towbars hanging out that back when they dont use them. SQ seem to have done a decent job on her anyways (y)

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Looking good Mac! Had a look at that entertainment system, looks impressive.

Have to get another Rover meet organised to get the brm out again!

Having one on the 7th of November. Meet and meal. Details in events part.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Small update with Betty, after two hours of farting around in the bad weather I finally fitted my laguna splitter and owners club grill badge.

About 15 self tapping screws (B and Q again lol) and a hack saw to trim the inch excess off each side of the bumper when fitted.

Mucky job in this weather, but when I washed the car after I was quite pleased despite my reservations until id fitted it, car looks VERY mean now, almost touring car mean!

ztspliter4.jpg

(Yes ive just noticed my bonnet is slightly off angle, I will investigate this on my next day off!)

ztspliter5.jpg

ztspliter6.jpg

ztspliter2.jpg

ztspliter7.jpg

Looks a lot lower than it really is but still lets my get up my 28 degree driveway with no hassle, and comes along very nicely with the x-power skirts and such.

I dont think it makes the car look tacky as there was a bit of a height gap between the kit and front bumper height which is now leveled off imo.

Aim is for the car to look exactly like this by the summer is over.

wheels.jpg

Got some nice 325mm EBC drilled and grooved discs front and rear waiting to get done next, then summer will be the cheapy coilovers and 19's LM-R replicas at last!!!

Hope you like!

Colin

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have you found a suspension set-up to fit yet?

Looking good (y)