Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Damn I love this thing.
Thanks mate.

that is a fantastic looking s2000, still don't think it'd turn my head like your clio though :-#:-#
Thanks man. It's loud enough to turn your head that's for sure lol but the racing blue clio did stand out. I love the moonrock of the s2k, but being a darker colour, it just doesn't stand out as much.
But as good as the clio was,i enjoy the S2000 more.

Reactions: C4L

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
.......not ever!!!!

Its a slippery slope (oh yea and expensive!)

Brakes and bonnet are my next ones.
Oooo, what bonnet you looking at? The Js type v and s are my favorite I think.
Mugen also.

I'm not that clued up on brakes tbh. I'll need to look into them as I wouldn't know what to upgrade to.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Just read this from beginning to end, jaw dropping car. RPF1's are the perfect wheel. Love a hard-top in these too.

Superb (y)

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Just read this from beginning to end, jaw dropping car. RPF1's are the perfect wheel. Love a hard-top in these too.

Superb (y)
Thanks for the kind words. Still plenty more to come, just a time and money issue but I'll continue to update as I go.

Reactions: dub

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Genuine spoon rocker cover came right along with some free jap sweets [emoji1]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421964773.746377.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421964781.645707.jpg

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
So someone decided to rip off my plate which was stuck in with 3m tape and this resulted.

Needless to say in gutted.
It is touched up and totally hidden under my new plate but the point is I know it's not mint anymore.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423125699.208718.jpg

Then a day later,. Shear carelessness results in this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423125739.929533.jpg

Devastated, but will be having the bonnet touched up for now rather than a full respray as car is my daily and likely to be covered in chips in no time.

Can freshen the entire front end up if needs be in a years time.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Why would someone want to do that? Morons!

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
The bonnet will be just getting a few coats of clear to bring it level and smooth with rest of bonnet and then polished and buffed to bring it up. Won't be prefect but it should be a lot better than it is atm.
Picture makes it look more noticeable but it's not as noticeable as it seems depending on light.
The paint under the plate will have to stay like that as I don't know if there is much point blowing it in when you can't see it?

I have a major service due in next couple of weeks and my other parts like header etc to fit and map so that will be a massive bill.

Just bad luck and bad timing.

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Holy sh*t dude this is fantastic. The car was crying out for some wheels and you've picked the perfect set.

Health to drive Tim, I absolutely love what you've done with it.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Holy sh*t dude this is fantastic. The car was crying out for some wheels and you've picked the perfect set.

Health to drive Tim, I absolutely love what you've done with it.
Thanks mate. Appreciate it. The wheels do set it off. But although being 9j all round it looks like I've still plenty of room in the arches, so have more options further down the line.

Looking forward to getting the s2000 back in again for some work. Haven't seen it since the old wheels etc.
Not long now Gav. It desperately needs it.
The pull is very frustrating. Hopefully it's straightforward to work out what's causing it.
Should feel like a completely new car after :laughing:

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Keep looking back at this thread and wondering why I didn't buy one myself. I always wanted one and jumped at the FN2 when I saw it because it was such a perfectly clean and well looked after example, but I really should have checked out an S2000 first. Lol.

What have you planned next??

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Keep looking back at this thread and wondering why I didn't buy one myself. I always wanted one and jumped at the FN2 when I saw it because it was such a perfectly clean and well looked after example, but I really should have checked out an S2000 first. Lol.

What have you planned next??
Similarly I've always wanted an s2000 and like yourself also looked at the fn2, but bought a clio 200 instead at the time. Loved it to!

Your car is a lovely example. Love them in nhb. Imo nicest colour.

Plans for the S. Well it's going in for service, all fluids changed and valve clearances done.
Also having the toda header fitted, along with my berk 70mm decat and mapped.
HopefullY see some nice mid range gains and a bit up top.

Waiting on my custom carbon kevlar recaro pole positions being delivered.

In the pipe line is a front carbon wind splitter, side skirts and voltex rear diffuser.
Works bell hub and quick release and a nardi wheel.

Then maybe a second boot lid in carbon fibre with a voltex type 2 wing which I can change about with the oem and bys duckbill when desired.

Then plans to go turbo after all that.

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Similarly I've always wanted an s2000 and like yourself also looked at the fn2, but bought a clio 200 instead at the time. Loved it to!

Your car is a lovely example. Love them in nhb. Imo nicest colour.

Plans for the S. Well it's going in for service, all fluids changed and valve clearances done.
Also having the toda header fitted, along with my berk 70mm decat and mapped.
HopefullY see some nice mid range gains and a bit up top.

Waiting on my custom carbon kevlar recaro pole positions being delivered.

In the pipe line is a front carbon wind splitter, side skirts and voltex rear diffuser.
Works bell hub and quick release and a nardi wheel.

Then maybe a second boot lid in carbon fibre with a voltex type 2 wing which I can change about with the oem and bys duckbill when desired.

Then plans to go turbo after all that.

Love how you discretely drop in at the end "then turbo" lol. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what tuning path to go down myself. Bang for buck, supercharger but it means having to sit and save up until I can afford to do it all at once. Whereas staying NA means I can tinker away and gather bits and pieces here and there. Realistically though, I'll be happy with a fit and healthy 230bhp FN2 :p

Your car is perfect as it is but I imagine you'll only make it better dude.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Love how you discretely drop in at the end "then turbo" lol. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what tuning path to go down myself. Bang for buck, supercharger but it means having to sit and save up until I can afford to do it all at once. Whereas staying NA means I can tinker away and gather bits and pieces here and there. Realistically though, I'll be happy with a fit and healthy 230bhp FN2 :p

Your car is perfect as it is but I imagine you'll only make it better dude.
Staying na certainly isn't cheap but the furthest I'm going down the na route is ihe and mapping. This should keep me happy till I plan for the turbo but I know it won't be for a while yet.

You could also start with suspension and brakes as more than likely you'll need this for charger anyway. That way at least you're feeding your modding addiction and making worth while upgrades that go hand and hand with a charger.

Car is still some way away from how I imagine it, just wish I had a big pot of money but then again it takes away from fun of trying to save and waiting for parts patiently.
I'll keep an eye on your thread to see how your build progresses bud.
Thanks for the positive comments.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
No you won't. You know everyone always wants more - POWAAARRRRRR

I def agree with this. As much as I loved my S2000 it didn't take long before I wished it could accelerate faster. Shame superchargers are so expensive for them :worried:

I'll love another S2000 at some point. It'd be lovely to find one already s/charged.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Supercharger for the Honda, much nicer. Unless the plan is just drag racing in a straight line.

Either way, enjoy :grinning:
Thanks for your input mate. I will look into both in a lot more detail when the time comes, I just feel a turbo will provide me with a lot more usable power, but I can understand why a lot choose to supercharge, keeping power much more linear and like an na engine on steroids.
Both are very appealing.