S2000 Project

Vtec Phil

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
its extremely hard to turbo a uk s2000 as the brakes are above the manifold the US cars are the oppsite so all the have to do is relocate the battery and fuse box supercharger is way forward and just bolts on.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
but I can understand why a lot choose to supercharge, keeping power much more linear and like an na engine on steroids

This is the point, retaining that awesome power curve of the Honda, all the way through the range. For a road car, or a track car, that is very ncie. Very difficult to achieve with turbo, through 8-9k of revs. If the peak number is all that matters though (drag racing), then turbo away (y)

Either way, your car, your fun, and it will be fun :grinning:

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
A centrifugal supercharger suits the engine much better. No point having a high revving engine and then shifting up at 7k imo.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Thanks for the input guys. Got me thinking and looking at superchargers now :laughing:

Few snaps after a quick wash today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423948447.087002.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423948458.170533.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423948477.271124.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423948516.874030.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423948536.693201.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423948553.294608.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423948572.146906.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423948581.231087.jpg

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Cheers guys for the positive feedback.
Jap style plate is very marmite a bit like the spoiler.
I like it but I also have a long metro style as well in the house should I want to change it up.
Car getting left in at gsports tonight to have the go faster bits put on, mapped and all fluids changed and valve clearances done.

Should drive much better after that.

Last edited:

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Cheers u guys for the positive feedback.
Jap style plate is very marmite a bit like the spoiler.
I like it but I also have a long metro style as well I'm the house should I want to change it up.
Car getting left in at gsports tonight to have the go faster bits put on, mapped and all fluids changed and valve clearances done.

Sounds drive much better after that.

Far nicer to drive when there mapped.

You going down the charger route then?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Eventually I'll be going down that root for sure. Still more immediate plans to complete before I think about a charger.

Ah ok. Though be cheaper to turbo if you can do most of the work yourself..£4300 or so for the full race rotrex setup.

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Go supercharged! I think a wee set of red Bride seats would look awesome. Or is that too 'need for speed'? Lol

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Go supercharged! I think a wee set of red Bride seats would look awesome. Or is that too 'need for speed'? Lol
Think supercharging is the way to go now tbh. I've looked into it more and loving the idea of a tts bottom mount race kit.
I've got custom full carbon kevlar recaro pole positions on way.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Not really a big lover of jap cars but this I like. No shortcuts took and it's paid off every part looks well done wheels make it for me. Love the hardtop and for me the colour really works. (y)

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Looking sharp!
Thanks mate

saw this sitting in brakenvale earlier, gorgeous car and sits perfect on the rpf1s, love it!
Appreciate the kind words.

Not really a big lover of jap cars but this I like. No shortcuts took and it's paid off every part looks well done wheels make it for me. Love the hardtop and for me the colour really works. (y)
Thanks mate. Want t sure how the wheels would look but took a chance and I'm pleased how it's all come together.
Still more to come, but it won't be overdone to the point where it ruins it.