Skoda Fabia VRS

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Holy cow, thats a lovely colour!!! As for the bits round the edges, not so lovely, touch of a rapist there lol :-#:p But sure its all about learning innit :grinning: Although i defintootley would not have gone matt inside the wheel, the brake dust will stick to it like a mofo :broken_heart:

Clean looking wee motor anyhow, it should all tie in well once you get the alloys on :grinning:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338665636.649326.jpg
Got them all done. Turned out pretty good not too many imperfections :grinning:

Eyes are stinging like hell though.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Ahh well graham perhaps you're right about the brake dust but I'm not too worried :grinning:

If the paint lasts a year I'll be well surprised!

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
Lovely motor mate (y)

Would love to hear your thoughts on the JOM coilovers when you get them on.

Wife doesn't like the crashy ride of the Apex springs on our Octavia vRS, so I'd love to know if the JOM's would make a difference.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338831491.560797.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338831504.296247.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338831513.873670.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338831531.677229.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338831542.997841.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338831553.710989.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338831567.518876.jpg

Aye so they were looking good... And fairly dry. So I loaded them into the car and with extreme care I marked every ****ing one of them.

Impatient *******, I'm livid at myself :worried:

Some will come out but some defo won't . :worried:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Aye so they were looking good... And fairly dry. So I loaded them into the car and with extreme care I marked every ****ing one of them.

Impatient *******, I'm livid at myself :worried:

Some will come out but some defo won't . :worried:

:worried: sad times, i remember moving a rocker cover too soon after spraying but that was easily fixed in comparison to wheels.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
wheels look very well dude. i remember when i was picking my spyders up after being sprayed by my brother and taking them to get tyres, i wrapped them up like babies, took the rear bench out so the seats would go flatter. good work though (y)

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Its tetrosyl Grey 04 is all it says on the cap.

:grinning:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
came out well, colours similar to the one i chose - Rover Gunmetal

That's what it's supposed to be, but is a totally different colour to the Halfords rattle cans I bought just I case :worried:

Cheers Jordy, they're great wee cars couldn't recommend one enough.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I still rate these wee cars, hard to beat and much nicer looking than it's successor

great DIY on the rims lad, not exactly a Nuluk finish but Im sure you saved quite a bit of dough (y)

The only thing I dislike about these is the factory finished seats - they're a nightmare to keep clean, I would get them re-trimmed in leather or black alcantara or even a bit of both

Jola

RMS Regular
They turned out very well, its a pity your eagerness got the better of you + you marked them, shame on you lol.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
FINALLY!

Wheels back on, just need to add the centre caps and give the car a good clean polish and get the tyres slicked!

Got the car lowered the same all round with the shorter drop links but i've a feeling i might need to go shorter!

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

Next plan is 25mm spacers for the rear and 15mm for the front. Think i'll wait a few months for it though :grinning:

Very pleased with how they've turned out tbh!

Niall

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
Love these wee cars, and yours is looking really tidy, Niall.

One thing, though. Get those tyres dressed!

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
It'll happen tomah don't worry! Entire car needs cleaned, doesn't show in the pics but its covered in soot from granny driving all week!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Perfect!

I wonder what it would look like with the door pillars wrapped black?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I agree with Lyons - door pillars and for once I am suggestings a cupra r splitter.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I've got some vinyl left from the grill left always intended on it but never got around to it!

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I am suggestings a cupra r splitter.

Hell no, they're on every one in the mainland and i'd not be arsed trying to fit another one.

I hate it on them. I's like a splitter all the same, just not that one.

If I could find something like this on a STi it'd be elected.

URL]

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.