Skyline R33 Spec2

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Good friend who owns the Skoda sent me these…. They’re a great looking estate!

Enjoying the skyline as much as possible, have it booked in next week to tidy up one of the wheels as had bit of paint flake off and getting it redone and chip on the wing I want repainted. OCD is bad for your bank balance 🤣
0C2536E1-B8B9-423E-85EF-E017EB931E95.jpeg
9247DAE5-2E38-4E4F-9136-6C08C6148B2D.jpeg

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
So I had the liner in for a little tlc at my cousins bodyshop.

One of the tasks was to sort one of the alloys as paint flaked off it and I wanted it sorted before Scotland… he used the colour scanner on one of the spokes on a different wheel and it came back 96% match, it wasn’t a great match after all and he tried to get it as close as possible, it’s too dark and too glossy looking compare to the others even though matt laquer was used to match the finish of the other alloys 😞

So thinking now of repainting them all.

I was gona ask peoples thoughts on a colour and maybe some photoshop requests if possible (as a white r33 drives past me with gold alloys) 🤣 👎

Bronk

RMS Regular
So I had the liner in for a little tlc at my cousins bodyshop.

One of the tasks was to sort one of the alloys as paint flaked off it and I wanted it sorted before Scotland… he used the colour scanner on one of the spokes on a different wheel and it came back 96% match, it wasn’t a great match after all and he tried to get it as close as possible, it’s too dark and too glossy looking compare to the others even though matt laquer was used to match the finish of the other alloys 😞

So thinking now of repainting them all.

I was gona ask peoples thoughts on a colour and maybe some photoshop requests if possible (as a white r33 drives past me with gold alloys) 🤣 👎
bronze spokes, polished lip

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Almost impossible to match against old paint. Any new paint will always look, well, new next to the old. Better to get all done.

Too many colours to choose from, lol!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
bronze spokes, polished lip
Interesting, never thought of changing it up so much as that, good idea

Was thinking bmw ferric grey myself with maybe a matt finish instead of a gloss finish but interesting to hear other peoples ideas.

Will need a few photoshops done maybe… lord @Rocko?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bronze would definitely be the classic Jap spec option, timeless and absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I like the idea of grey/gunmetal on white. Went a similar route for the white Evo. Haven't got them on yet though so can't show what they look like on the car...

wedssport-tc105x.jpg

Have the polished edge thing on the Honda. Works really well on that car, just not sure if it would work on the Skyline?

P1190436.JPG

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
brilliant thanks for that!

The polished lip completely transforms the look of the wheel doesn’t it, do like that only with a lighter grey would be spot on I think.

Would need to go elsewhere to get them done then, cobra or polished alloys I assume?

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
brilliant thanks for that!

The polished lip completely transforms the look of the wheel doesn’t it, do like that only with a lighter grey would be spot on I think.

Would need to go elsewhere to get them done then, cobra or polished alloys I assume?

See below lighter grey and both wheels done, also a dark bronze option.

Attachments

• Dark Bronze.jpg
    Dark Bronze.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • Graphite.jpg
    Graphite.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71