Skyline R33 Spec2

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
The car was previously owned by a guy who had a few skylines and a drift car… this was his Sunday car. He also owned a bodyshop… he’s painted alot of it so it was sitting mint but the owner after him who put the wider wings on did a poor job with the paint on the wings etc There’s a few stone chips and paint not matching in places that normal folk wouldn’t notice but I do.

It’s getting painted and being left perfect. It will be driven no less or no different… it’s being used for weekends and road trips and enjoyed.

Don’t bother, run the buff over it and use the money to buy a decent turbo kit.

Or, just oe white, qm1

I’m working my way around the car… interior tidied up, engine bay tidied up, wheels redone, exterior painted then engine upgrades. The car is 300bhp on the button and is plenty of fun, driving it a few years as is has been brilliant so when I upgrade itl feel like a big change and il love it all over again I’m sure 👍

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Can anyone be kind enough to use this picture and photoshop my car with the pearl white? I need help to make me decide 😅
IMG_4831.jpeg

Gambit

RMS Regular
Personally I would keep it the oe colour but that's just a matter of opinion. Have you got prices yet to paint it? That might help determine if you want to go full blown new colour as opposed to existing colour

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think pearl white is a great shout for it!

Love when a car has been painted with a colour tweaked from / a more modern version of the original. I did that with my 5 series (Inc engine bay, shuts boot floor etc), and it was well worth it.

I also agree that saying making it too clean means you won't use it is nonsense. If it gets chipped etc it can be fixed.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Thats the mighty Skyline just dropped to the bodyshop to have a window out respray… last pic of it in the factory QM1 white. I also purchased a new personalised reg for it too which I’m loving, perfect reg for me. 😊

I will be doing some slight changes to the car that should finish it off nicely.

Finally! 😃

bae747f5-faac-466f-a26e-54a7223517bd.jpeg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Looking forward to see how it turns out mate! .. still looking for recommendations for painting the Silvia too. Who you getting to do it?

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Looking forward to see how it turns out mate! .. still looking for recommendations for painting the Silvia too. Who you getting to do it?
My cousin who owns JMC Mallusk is painting it. He’s the one who’s painted J&F/ Gas monkey Ferraris etc. He’s always done my painting. 👍
Colour change Joe? Or just the different white

Yea @Cro going QAB pearl white for extra pop 😊

Leaving the engine bay as is as it’s tidy enough and still white so shouldn’t look too different.

Plan to get underneath protected also… my bank balance will hate me this month ha

eamon343

RMS Regular
Thats the mighty Skyline just dropped to the bodyshop to have a window out respray… last pic of it in the factory QM1 white. I also purchased a new personalised reg for it too which I’m loving, perfect reg for me. 😊

I will be doing some slight changes to the car that should finish it off nicely.

Finally! 😃

View attachment 404920

A smaller front plate all on one line would look so much better. But ignore me, im weird, I seem to be the only one to hate Japanese front number plate sizes :blush:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
My cousin who owns JMC Mallusk is painting it. He’s the one who’s painted J&F/ Gas monkey Ferraris etc. He’s always done my painting.

Ah ok! I haven't decided who I want to do my car as its gonna need a bit of work. I know its not going to be cheap but I just want someone to do the job right. Mallusk would be handy though...right across the road from my work🤔 lol .. cant wait to see how it done mate. When you hoping to get her back?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A smaller front plate all on one line would look so much better. But ignore me, im weird, I seem to be the only one to hate Japanese front number plate sizes :blush:
It's a Japanese car, of course it should have square Jap style plates 😎 No Euro plates on this please 😇

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
They sent me Uk plates and everyone of them was wrong size for what I needed but I used them for the day.

Thanks to @Neil@rockvale for making the new ones 😊
IMG_6202.jpeg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I'm sure someone on here can either confirm or deny but I'm near certain that when I mot'd the forester one year the fella said there were no regulations to the size and shape of number plates on imported cars....

Could be worth a look

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They follow the same rules as any other car. There are a few "standard" sizes that fit most cars, but as long as the font is correct it can be pretty much any size/shape you want. I have one on the front of the Lotus that's just about big enough for the short reg but no more.

So you can have Euro plates, Jap plates, custom sizes, whatever.

The only grey zone is using motorbike plates (smaller font) on cars. But see that quite a lot on kit cars, Lotii, even Ferraris, etc.

But then I see so many illegal plates on the road I don't know if anyone cares any more, lol.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I’m wanting to put a set of plastic splash guards back into the front wings, I’m unsure why there’s none there. Maybe because the originals don’t fit the slightly wider fibre glass wings or they been damaged but it’s causing multiple issues not having them.

I’m trying to source original ones. If anyone has any or better still point me in the direction of new ones?

I have seen some on this website but there’s so many different types and I’m unsure if they’re even right as all the car details aren’t correct (hp) so maybe they’re for non turbo models. Would this matter?
IMG_7468.png

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
2 of these pricy wee buggers purchased as old ones aren’t perfect.

So much more money need factored in with a respray than I first thought as I’m renewing a lot of things that aren’t perfect, including window seals. Things are tricky when you can’t buy off the shelf and have scene tax added 🙈
IMG_7469.png