Solar Panels and Home Battery

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
I'll be honest,I'm not overly worried about the app figures. I went from paying £200pm with a hottub, to £80-£90pm.....

Win win for me. If electric gets too bad, then the hotub can go off and make further savings.

Yeah I’m the same boat I was £93 a month last year before the PV.

Now with the PV installed With the hot tub on it’s about £16 a week and With hot tub off it’s about £8.

Can’t be bad at that!!

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
Just been reading the last load of posts in this thread and discussion around using solar to feed Into the heating. The frustrating truth is on the days when you actually need heat you'll not be generating enough power to even heat the tap water let alone your radiators . There's days in winter where you won't even see 1kwh

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Variability between a good summer month and a bad winter month can be quite dramatic. For some years with mine it has ranged from over 800 kwh to 99 kwh.

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
I did 83 last December ... It doubles in January but zero surplus there.
It's all totally worth it. In summer you will shower and wash dishes for free.
Put your money into a 300 litre water tank with dual immersion heaters. Forget about central heating.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
31kw yesterday and 25kw today. Slightly more clouds today.

I used yesterdays hot water generation to preheat the hot tub to 35 degrees 🤣🤣

Reactions: Ged

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
First month is over me now 1567KW generated from the 5th to the 5th. So yea.. im going to need batterys id say lol. Still no sign of NIE coming to sort the meter so they are getting free power. Im sure they wont be in a hurry.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
First month is over me now 1567KW generated from the 5th to the 5th. So yea.. im going to need batterys id say lol. Still no sign of NIE coming to sort the meter so they are getting free power. Im sure they wont be in a hurry.

When I registered mine online I had to send a picture of my meter reading zero. That meant it was registered to me before I started to generate.

Also most ‘twin display NIE meter’ will have a reading that sits at zero forever until you connect a micro generator - so it should be easy to see what you've exported.

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
When I registered mine online I had to send a picture of my meter reading zero. That meant it was registered to me before I started to generate.

Also most ‘twin display NIE meter’ will have a reading that sits at zero forever until you connect a micro generator - so it should be easy to see what you've exported.
Just waiting on them to come out and fit mine, we have one of those old school meters, havent even looked at it I wonder if its going backwards? lol

Ghost

RMS Regular
32Kw? Feck!! What size is your array?
5.2kw system. 12 or 14 panels. Can't remember..
Screenshot_20220605-190954_Solis Home.jpg

That seems unrealistic......I done 540 last month

Nigel AI 600

RMS Regular
Drives
EVO VII
My "old" 9 year old 5.75 kw system managed 40kwh yesterday so they will still pump out good results even with age.
I managed 38.5kw on Saturday so I must say I am happy that I did oversize the panel array to max capacity as previously discussed allowing me to hit peak production as early as possible. Managed a total of 712kw for May which I am pretty happy with tbh as it wasn't a great month weather wise. @Ged that is some serious production would have loved to have been able to go down the 3 phase route myself if I had it available. Like you say though you definitely need to invest in some batteries as the amount you will be selling back at such low return is such a waste. I know its all money but with a good enough setup surely with your system you would be completely self sufficient for a good few months of the year.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
21p x 33 isn't £14.35, it's £6.93.
unless his inverter can tell what is being used vs exported and has the correct FIT amount of 7.85p then those figures wont be right.
otherwise it will assume that its using everything thats generated which obviously it wont be

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I'm just trying to figure out the actual saving. Even if the daily revenue figure is just the amount generated during the day the numbers aren't adding up. Its confusing.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
1654501786758.png

That's me as of this minute. i got the wifi set up start of may, and the meter from the 13th. so only for june will i be able to tell what was used/saved over a month

Pie charts on the left are from most of may, not 100% accurate due to meter fittings etc, but still a decent indicator. supposed savings/income combined of 60 quid