Southskys Back To his childhood

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
Excellent. I was about to type it needs more black plastic bits to look right ya know then you go and nail it with a laguna/espace splitter. Well done.

Edit: could you be talked into a shogun vent for the bonnet. Havent seen one for nearly 20 years lol
You know I’m considering it @j44nty :joy::joy:

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
Managed to get myself a back-box more in fitting with the car although il have to fab it on as the pipe that’s on it is a tad.. let’s just say big and noisy..
C708BBAB-834B-452F-9BF9-1180230A96F5.jpeg
713E7FBF-7096-4A0E-94A1-102742D729E6.jpeg
might be a we bit better 8o|

colin84

RMS Regular
Excellent. I was about to type it needs more black plastic bits to look right ya know then you go and nail it with a laguna/espace splitter. Well done.

Edit: could you be talked into a shogun vent for the bonnet. Havent seen one for nearly 20 years lol

Or the once common Isuzu Trooper bonnet vent.

I think a pair of Astra GSI vents would still look good.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Managed to get myself a back-box more in fitting with the car although il have to fab it on as the pipe that’s on it is a tad.. let’s just say big and noisy..View attachment 202970 View attachment 202971 might be a we bit better 8o|

I remember a chap I went to school with had a Peco on his 1.2 Nova and it was a noisy wee brute, you could hear him coming a mile away! Lol

Standard tail lights would work better IMO.

Cool wee car though, love it!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
I remember a chap I went to school with had a Peco on his 1.2 Nova and it was a noisy wee brute, you could hear him coming a mile away! Lol

Standard tail lights would work better IMO.

Cool wee car though, love it!

Bud it’s actually to tryn make it abit more quiet:joy: :joy: Iv standard wheels and tail lights for more classic type meets or shows, I’m hoping to get it out on Sunday so they’ll do for now ;) thanks tho all the same.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
If there was one thing I’d change it would be that white grille with the duct. Doesn’t look right at all. Tailgate should be more of a graphite colour rather than pure black shouldn’t it? Maybe it’s just the pics. Cool as f**k otherwise :cool: I’d love another one if the price was right and found somewhere to keep it.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
If there was one thing I’d change it would be that white grille with the duct. Doesn’t look right at all. Cool as f**k otherwise :cool: I’d love another one if the price was right and found somewhere to keep it.
I know what your sayin @GazEP3 but it’s serving a propose atm as a cold air feed. I’m looking another and have a badge here to go one it but like all things it’s a work in progress, as for the tailgate yeah it’s like an off blue black on the real cars...this is real only better:p:joy:

Last edited:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I know what your sayin @GazEP3 but it’s serving a propose atm as a cold air feed. I’m looking another and have a badge here to go one it but like all things it’s a work in progress

Even black it wouldn’t be as obvious. These things take time. I’ve been building mine for just over a year now and driven it maybe 3 or 4 times since it came home lol slowly getting closer to being road legal again.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
In true 90’s style please seach the earth for 17” mim’s
View attachment 203022

As much as i love Raffinos (have a set in my dad's roof space!) they totally kill the drive of a Nova, and it wasn't even great to start off with!
I always wanted them on my GSi, but one drive up the road and they were quickly changed!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.