Speeding course

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
45 is a restriction because its an inexperienced driver. So 22 mph over the limit will be worse than an experienced driver doing the same.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Get off your high horse.
Of course getting a ban is excessive in this instance.
52 in a 30 would be TOTALLY different to this scenario....and the courts would look at it like that too
No, they’ll look at it as a young driver that shows no regard for a speed limit that is imposed on him and deal with it accordingly.
Is it not telling that the Police are visiting F.E. colleges and schools with 6th forms because new drivers are a significant risk to themselves and peer group?
Why would 52 in a 30 be a different scenario? It’s the limit for the driver and the vehicle there just as a restricted driver is limited to 45.

Last edited:

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Of course 52 in a 30 is deemed more dangerous than 67 in a 60 ...even tho an R driver.
Police visiting colleges doing neighbourhoody stuff is not really applicable to this argument tho...
Will be interesting to see what the courts do here

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
I was nabbed at 37 round the back of Forestside and have my first ever speed awareness course tomorrow afternoon in Belfast.

Any top tips for surviving, do you get tea and biscuits, anyone else going? :joy:

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
It's quite funny how little most drivers know. You'll have a laugh at it.

The one I went on had an obligatory 'I know better than these folks' tard. Boy did he string out the course for the rest of us!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
The one I went on had an obligatory 'I know better than these folks' tard. Boy did he string out the course for the rest of us!

There's always one. Usually the old fella that thinks he should waste the time by wise cracking, because his time is being wasted.

Honestly it's not that much of a surprise the amount of elder drivers that attend these courses, most elderly people I encounter travel at 40 on a nsl country road and continue at 40 through the sign posted 30s.

When the guy asks what speed everyone thinks a certain road should be, the old people always say 40/50 for the dual carriageway 😑

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
I was nabbed at 37 round the back of Forestside and have my first ever speed awareness course tomorrow afternoon in Belfast.

Any top tips for surviving, do you get tea and biscuits, anyone else going? :joy:
Be full of do gooders brain washed beyond belief. I was doin 37 on crumlin road. He so asked the class what was the dangers there. Hands goin up shouting hospital. My answer was its about 2 miles down the road. More hands to say schools. My answer was it was easter holidays schools were off. All went silent after that.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Past one of those bastid camera vans on the A1 last week. Sitting with cruise control on at 70mph only to realise as I past the van I was in the 60 zone ffs. Hands up my fault, was on auto pilot heading to Dublin. 3 points I guess or the course?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Past one of those bastid camera vans on the A1 last week. Sitting with cruise control on at 70mph only to realise as I past the van I was in the 60 zone ffs. Hands up my fault, was on auto pilot heading to Dublin. 3 points I guess or the course?

You might get away with that. I've passed them at indicated 70 before and never heard a thing.

If you don't get away with it it'll be course for sure

scub

Banned
Why? Because of the mongs that would be on the course?
egggggzactly mate. my chum was on the course a few weeks ago & said he was never so close to smacking a bloke who just as described above.
totally missed the concept of get the thing done & leave. queried the instructor at every turn & added about half an hour just by talking pish haha.!

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
egggggzactly mate. my chum was on the course a few weeks ago & said he was never so close to smacking a bloke who just as described above.
totally missed the concept of get the thing done & leave. queried the instructor at every turn & added about half an hour just by talking pish haha.!
Maybe they're double agents these guys! There was one on the course i was on a few years ago, in fact i'm pretty sure he turned up to the course drunk!

I liked the course so much the first time i'm going back to another next week :sob:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
:worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.