spondon VTR

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Saw you riding past the Custom House round lunch time today. Looking and sounding good. Looked like there was a Multistrada tailing you but you gave him the slip :cool:

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
what a day to get out with a new set of tyres....

20170507_132910_zpsks3rhj3h.jpg

Reactions: wes

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
ok after a bit of miles iv realised. clipons are far to low so a set of raised boyos(about 30mm) and a dirty great road speedo wasnt really in keeping with the bike so fitted a little GPS diggis unit and a usb cable for power.

20170527_153936_zps9imz6vgm.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
wasnt getting on with the headlight cover so after two attempts and in keeping with the endurence look it got a yellow cover.

jifulVl.jpg

and fork brace time. nicked from the yellow one as its now taking on the touring roll..

ngzdnWj.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
a day of pipes. high rise links taken of the blue bike and along with the scorpian cans of the yellow one have been sold, so the yosh cans of the blue one put back onto low level links on the yellow one..still with me?

so now iv no pipes for the spondon....

edPvwee.jpg

but a set of hens teeth full Ti moriwaki zero cans on there way for it...xmas has indeed came early

edPvwee.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
well well i done a few ,weeeee things to the spondon girl over the last few days......seeing as it has the frame,the wheels,brakes blah blah a few we bits bugged the **** outa me..so.

along comes Mr mori Ti pipes and pays a visit.

jNeJ3CZ.jpg

wLaeCgJ.jpg

ABYURRh.jpg

and in a stroke of good fortune and being in the right place at the right time along comes a full fat stage 2 mori engine, think rocking horse ****.... its now in my hands and waiting to be transplanted into the spondon this winter.....just a FUKING tad excited.......

aY90kjp.jpg

this has changed this bike from a spondon that has a race chassis to.the real deal.....

(sits in corner drooling like a child)

Dave..

RMS Regular
well well i done a few ,weeeee things to the spondon girl over the last few days......seeing as it has the frame,the wheels,brakes blah blah a few we bits bugged the **** outa me..so.

along comes Mr mori Ti pipes and pays a visit.

jNeJ3CZ.jpg

wLaeCgJ.jpg

ABYURRh.jpg

and in a stroke of good fortune and being in the right place at the right time along comes a full fat stage 2 mori engine, think rocking horse ****.... its now in my hands and waiting to be transplanted into the spondon this winter.....just a FUKING tad excited.......

aY90kjp.jpg

this has changed this bike from a spondon that has a race chassis to.the real deal.....

(sits in corner drooling like a child)
I had a mate who had an Egli Morawaki Kawasaki that was raced at Le Man.
He spent years trying to get the motor to run on normal fuel and take him to the NW.
Had to swap the motor for a B2 engine.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
You are getting great luck with this build mate
Good to see (y)
What is the engine spec and figures?

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
oh god yes, thats what it was built for. road and track days. i dont do garage queens. waste of bikes keeping them tucked away..

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
well a wee spin last night, and somebody left the flying kilo empty so ita be rude not....dear lord them mori;s sound like somebody getting murdered at full chat.

dqPqmNb.jpg

totally childish? *** yes it was...:cool:

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
well my luck had to run out.... engine is going like a stomping train. new to me revolution racing modded forks and the world was a happy place.

right up until i done a lap of the ugp course and the rear sprocket carrier broke up on the dymag.. and tried to rape me.

sp long story short until i find the reason iv put the mori swingarm into it and il run alloy wheels on the road to save the dymags for looking at and touching lol..so halfway through the wheel change atm. the mori arm is 30mm shorter than the spondon and with the engine putting out a big chunk more gee gees it makes for a very excitable bike lol

LzUYoGF.jpg

q4PrEa5.jpg

Nhlv95N.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
so back on track..new rear end in with braced arm and lifes good again. i can now tuck the dymags and spondon swinger away for future use.

z7vTwqd.jpg

hgOvaWk.jpg