Steel Grey E46 M3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

richystran

RMS Regular
OP
richystran
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Passed the MOT tonight no problems. Time for a some fun, might sell soon, got an eye on a M5
IMG_6771.JPG

richystran

RMS Regular
OP
richystran
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Been driving the M3 now from it passed the mot with zero issues.
Will get some new pics up soon.
Since mot i have put two new Pilot Super Sports on the back of the Car. Expensive but the grip is worth it.
I have Updated the SMG software to the latest version, and also mapped the DME with the CSL rev match and Inertia update. This is AWESOME, blips on the downshift so the engine speed is correct on downshift etc No jerky shifting.
And decatted the car, might put it back in lol Car gives me a sore head from fumes and backfires on the overrun!

richystran

RMS Regular
OP
richystran
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Just a little update.
Havent drove the car too often since last year as i have been travelling and cycling lots. Calipers were giving bother last year so i replaced them and put new genuine discs and pads on the front last week. Also put the eibach springs on the front of the car so as it sits more level. Put a set of csl style gunmetal wheels on the car temporarily until i can get the originals sorted (anyone recommend somewhere who can do diamond cutting?) Fancy a set of 12mm spacers to get the wheels to sit out into the arches more next?

New pics
imag11e2.jpeg

imag11e1.jpeg

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Lovely although the brighter wheels definitely work better with Steel Grey.

Have 12mm spacers on mine with the CSL reps. Just fills the rear arch nicely with the 255/35 tyre. Front could probably do with 15mm on the 225/40.

Last edited:

richystran

RMS Regular
OP
richystran
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Lovely although the brighter wheels definitely work better with Steel Grey.

Have 12mm spacers on on mine with the CSL reps. Just fills the rear arch nicely with the 255/35 tyre. Front could probably do with 15mm on the 225/40.

Yeah i agree the brighter ones would look better, these came up cheap and were new so thats the only reason i got them. I will get a set of 12mm ones i think as those tyres are 255/35. Ill have a look at your M3 now to see how the spacers look. You have a thread here?

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Yeah i agree the brighter ones would look better, these came up cheap and were new so thats the only reason i got them. I will get a set of 12mm ones i think as those tyres are 255/35. Ill have a look at your M3 now to see how the spacers look. You have a thread here?

Thread somewhere but haven’t the link.

Might run a slightly wider tyre at the front when changing to try and fill the arch a bit more. Doesn’t look bad but could be better.

3664789B-26E0-4529-AAD0-8014DF765908.jpeg

SLW00

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Definitely give Jason a shout at MJE as ciarandeery1 says. He did my m3 wheels last week and has done multiple sets for me in the past. First class job.

richystran

RMS Regular
OP
richystran
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Anyone convert the smg gearbox to a manual in here? Think that’s next thing I will do over the winter along with the subframe reinforcement.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.