Sub £4k 4WD car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
What 50k bug?

Edit, it was the 1 with no history, the 64k one is the top contender at the minute.

Still looking every hour for something new though, even looked at petrol CRV's and Rav4's today too :worried:.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Should I be worried now? :p

You should be worried about me wanting it back! New one is nowhere near how planted the classic was, its so concerning ive it already booked into magowans on sat morning to get 4 wheel alignment checked and then set more to my liking! Really hoping its current alignment is all wing wang wo and the cause of my dislike

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
All joking aside prob one of the best classics about!
Thats why I bought it, I looked at a few others and they weren't a patch on Craig's.
You should be worried about me wanting it back! New one is nowhere near how planted the classic was, its so concerning ive it already booked into magowans on sat morning to get 4 wheel alignment checked and then set more to my liking! Really hoping its current alignment is all wing wang wo and the cause of my dislike
Meant to text you when I got home to say thanks, but was in a panic to catch the plane, I was smiling all the way home tho :laughing:
The car is extremely well set up and drives like a dream - took the hillhall rd home lol

Parked up for now until i get home again.

Lyons the classics can still hold their own, but i really recommend you get a drive in an impreza (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
You don't need to remind me! My head is wrecked looking at cars online, when (if) I get sorted with 1 I never want to see a car advert again.

Conor

RMS Regular
04 Quattro 1.9tdi, 160k miles, immaculate black cloth interior, tax and tested - £3700

That car was definitely in our work today - around 3pm, near Omagh?

Did you sell it Nicky or were you just creeping about this neck of the woods? :-P

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That car was definitely in our work today - around 3pm, near Omagh?

Did you sell it Nicky or were you just creeping about this neck of the woods? :-P

No, was just saying about it on behalf of the mate who sells a brave few motors up that way. Chubby McCord..

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
What 50k bug?

Edit, it was the 1 with no history, the 64k one is the top contender at the minute.

Still looking every hour for something new though, even looked at petrol CRV's and Rav4's today too :worried:.

My uncle has a petrol CRV and it was superb in the snow there which was surprising.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
They're a bit dearer than the Subaru, and not much easier run (on paper) so I'm struggling to justify opting for one over something which I can have a bit of fun in at least!

Was his the 2.0? Any issues?

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Yeah a 2.0. His has 112k on it and full history. As far as I know he only paid £1500 for it! He did say its pretty thirsty however but then again he was moving from a diesel Mondeo!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
You're right there. When I had my Classic I was always told anything more than a turbo back system should get a map. However, if you were getting that WRX cheap it looks like a good buy, you could always disconnect the boost controller

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
You don't need to remind me! My head is wrecked looking at cars online, when (if) I get sorted with 1 I never want to see a car advert again.
know the feeling

you wanna try finding an exact spec of an exact vehicle without compromise - 3 weeks of scanning 24/7

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Needs to be a manual Mark.

Pete, my head is absolutely wrecked. Ive 7 website open i refresh nearly every 15 minutes! I hate this!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, too many miles and would rather have a standard one.

I've seen every local ad, trust me :p.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.