Subaru Impreza STI 330s

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Did you notice much difference after fitting the rear subframe bushes?
Wasnt a massive difference but a bit different, didn't feel as much movement on rear on harder/faster corners.

if anything what i really wanted to do was replace the whole rear subframe with a new MY12-14 STI one as that comes with the harder Spec-C bushes from factory but at the time the inserts where a cheaper option but down side is i get the poly bush squeak when going over speed bumps which is annoying

Subaru Run was great weekend. Hopefully they do another this year at some point, or some sort of decent run out

What all did you end up having to do to your get it back on the road?

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Wasnt a massive difference but a bit different, didn't feel as much movement on rear on harder/faster corners.

if anything what i really wanted to do was replace the whole rear subframe with a new MY12-14 STI one as that comes with the harder Spec-C bushes from factory but at the time the inserts where a cheaper option but down side is i get the poly bush squeak when going over speed bumps which is annoying

Subaru Run was great weekend. Hopefully they do another this year at some point, or some sort of decent run out

What all did you end up having to do to your get it back on the road?
Thats interesting - I know the 12 - 14s have a few updated parts over the earlier GRs but didn't know the rear subframe was updated too. Maybe you can get the spec c bushes seperately? Im not too sure I could handle even more squeaks and rattles from mine!

Ill have to update my own thread but I was mostly waiting on getting it mapped the last few months by @bludgod - I was delayed first by a leaking sports cat, then by an o2 sensor issue so we had to keep pushing back the map date. Got it sorted on Friday finally in time for the summer. Nearly a year and a half, an engine rebuild and a lot of delays (mostly caused by me) but on the road now!

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Thats interesting - I know the 12 - 14s have a few updated parts over the earlier GRs but didn't know the rear subframe was updated too. Maybe you can get the spec c bushes seperately? Im not too sure I could handle even more squeaks and rattles from mine!
you can buy them separately, Import car parts list the 4 bushes for £300. You have to drop the subframe to fit them, so for a couple of hundred extra you can have a brand new shiney subframe with bushes already fitted to transfer in.