Suzuki Swift Sport ZC31 Track Whip

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
These are sort of half way between a proper harness and the standard belts. CG lock went out of business years ago, so they’re hard to find and tend to sell for stupid money as well.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Had a holiday hiatus there so progress halted for a bit. Booked trackskills for next weekend so really needed to get a move on and not be screwing the thing together midnight Saturday night.

First up was finish the brakes. Dot 5.1 fluid, stainless braided hoses and black diamond predator pads. I really hope the pads are alright, they were recommended to me but I've not seen much information about them online and was kind of stuck with little option given a complete lack of stock anywhere.

Bleeder set up with the new fluid.

nEB7coPDSaqdW6sH-bUbDg.jpg

Letting the bubbles out

aps3MqKXSvWunTXqEpdbRQ.jpg

Cheerio old crappy rubber hoses

mqglVnByTD2V4zmTTuMFSA.jpg

Pads next. These were done about 3 months ago so I figured it would be handy enough done. Wrong.

Slider isn't going to do much sliding.

9qjPfS4cRxSKzyLvAXYNzQ.jpg

Never mind. Can't argue if your almost liquid :grinning:

Y8hrhgNhTOSQGm1nlyNfXg.jpg

Halfords freeze & release spray. It's great. Try it!

kzfpzcVXT9SOHeaBXadrFg.jpg

And out she came. With some persuasion.

Same story on the lower caliper slider pin on the other side. Nice hard pedal now, no leaks. All seems good.

Next job was change the oil & filter, get the wheels on (finally) and getting it on the ground.

Went for some Millers track day oil for it. Hopefully does it well and will probably change it every other track day anyway.

yUQthAWwTNqJGYWYBYwHEQ.jpg

Last job was check over suspension and fire the wheels on to get it rolling again.

al_YPgluRRyKayIT6Dsl3A.jpg

VYVj9luNS7etJegJdQpWkw.jpg

q1UxxkqFTgq4_D9Bxqy3fQ.jpg

Pretty happy with the height to be honest. Not sure if it'll settle or what. I'll get it a good run out next week to make sure everything's OK before taking it for alignment ahead of Sunday.

Number of other jobs required too. Busy busy! More to come...

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
'Track day' alignment sorted, which is basically give her as much camber as she'll suffer on the front and dial in the other settings per Suzuki.

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

Then a chance for a good stage round the countryside to see how things are. So far so good. Proper riot to throw down a back road, absolutely brilliant craic. Looking forward to the first track day on Sunday. Can sense a vibration from the (completely standard) rear brakes after a hot supper so that'll be next on the list and while I'm in there I'll fit a set of Greddy rear camber plates to complete the project.

All set and ready to go.

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3527.jpg
IMG_3520.jpg
IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
'Track day' alignment sorted, which is basically give her as much camber as she'll suffer on the front and dial in the other settings per Suzuki.

View attachment 327803
View attachment 327811

Then a chance for a good stage round the countryside to see how things are. So far so good. Proper riot to throw down a back road, absolutely brilliant craic. Looking forward to the first track day on Sunday. Can sense a vibration from the (completely standard) rear brakes after a hot supper so that'll be next on the list and while I'm in there I'll fit a set of Greddy rear camber plates to complete the project.

All set and ready to go.

View attachment 327808

View attachment 327805

View attachment 327804View attachment 327806View attachment 327809
View attachment 327807
Looks magnificent Craig!

RevT

RMS Regular
Smart looking wee car, wheels look tiny but they’re obviously perfect sizing for what you’re after.

Dan

RMS Regular
I cannot wait to see this on track. These mods are excellent

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks superb but the wheels really do look minute! I assume that’s the optimum set up for track purposes?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Looks superb but the wheels really do look minute! I assume that’s the optimum set up for track purposes?

Yeah pretty much. Light and cheap to replace and stick tyres on. It’s what all the rental companies use too.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Looks the ticket alright and plenty of fun potential for the track days. :cool: (y)

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
As what @bennn said above... I had one if these on my ZC32S but apparently they fit 31s also.

I done a drive up to Spelga and Silent Valley today in the other halfs wee Swift. Completely standard and still brilliant fun wee car. Sharp corner? Don't brake, plant it. They love it. I'm supposed to be looking for a new daily atm but I'm actually trying to find her one so I can take the Swift off her hands 😂

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I just missed you today, was in getting the Evo aligned!

Car is looking purposeful!

The guy doing the work seemed proper excited to be doing your car next he mentioned it about 4 times lol. Had a feeling it was you!

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Great work @Coog ! Had an absolute ball with the one I got that weekend, would love to have one now!