Suzuki Swift Sport ZC31 Track Whip

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
@Coog did you get new caliper bolts for ur's when you were doing the rear brakes? If so where did you get them? Mine are as round as the wheels but have tried all the motor factors and can't seem to get them anywhere local.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@Coog did you get new caliper bolts for ur's when you were doing the rear brakes? If so where did you get them? Mine are as round as the wheels but have tried all the motor factors and can't seem to get them anywhere local.

They seem to be M10 x38mm long so a Suzuki part only I'd say.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13

The carrier slide bolts with the wee boots? Suzuki only Supply them with a carrier all as a kit and they're 90.08+VAT! ... I may know a guy🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Better trying a scrappies!

They're rear carrier bolts alright but not the slide bolts.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI

No afraid not mine were OK thankfully!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR

That's them (just the rear caliper bolts not the slider ones), and actually need two different sorts for top and bottom, looks like I will just have to order them in but will try a few random places before giving up.

Cheers lads

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
That's them (just the rear caliper bolts not the slider ones), and actually need two different sorts for top and bottom, looks like I will just have to order them in but will try a few random places before giving up.

Cheers lads

Now that you mention it I did notice they’re an odd size when I was last doing them. They seem to sit in between 16 & 17mm or something like that. Might be imperial or something daft?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Now that you mention it I did notice they’re an odd size when I was last doing them. They seem to sit in between 16 & 17mm or something like that. Might be imperial or something daft?
Hard to tell what they should be with them already being old and pretty round lol but likely why they are rounded then, looking at them they are probs the originals so due a change anyway.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Hard to tell what they should be with them already being old and pretty round lol but likely why they are rounded then, looking at them they are probs the originals so due a change anyway.

Fronts are also an odd size so if you’re buying two you might want to get another pair. Let me know how you get on could probably do with replacing mine too.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
There should be a support group for people who've had to deal with or find parts for Suzuki calipers. I sold my Ignis Sport when it needed rears as they are about the rarest car part ever😂.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Been a long time since I done anything other than servicing to this. 3200 pure track miles done. Thought I’d treat it to a decat manifold.

IMG_3836.jpeg

In todays episode…..

Lightly crusty fixings

IMG_3825.jpeg

Fire & swearing

IMG_3826.jpeg

And front end disassembly

IMG_3832.jpeg

But it’s out and that’s the main thing.

IMG_3854.jpeg

IMG_3867.jpeg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Manifolds are where all the bolts and nuts go to seize, have had similar fun with many manifolds over the years. Glad it's not just me then lol.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That's class, getting really pissed off at mine sitting there not being able to find the time to get it sorted. After a year of not really being able to do much, turns out the mrs was just writing a huge list of things she wants done.. 8-(

To be fair, so did I.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Just went through this thread start to finish. It has not helped my itch for something small and cheap for track abuse. How does this compare to a phase 2 Yaris t sport… I’d own another one of those for sure!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Just went through this thread start to finish. It has not helped my itch for something small and cheap for track abuse. How does this compare to a phase 2 Yaris t sport… I’d own another one of those for sure!

Would rate the Suzuki above the Toyota for this purpose. I never tracked the T-Sport but we did sling a mates one round Kirkistown and it did really well and doubt you’d have anything but great craic in one tbh.

One other car to look at would be the facelift R50 Mini One or Cooper. Cheap as chips, lots of spares and the getrag box gets round reliability concerns with the earlier ones.

You could always go with 182’s or R53’s which are a step up in power and will be quicker round a track but you either pay more or suffer on the reliability front and the amount of fun you have in either is subjective.

There’s a few videos of mine on YT. Here’s one from Mondello last year though there’s loads more on there on my channel.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Didn’t realise the non cooper s mini we’re more reliable! I’d love an r53 supercharged track car but the reliability of a few I’ve known on the road would put me right off… must have a look.

T sport would be a wee blast from the past though too
Would rate the Suzuki above the Toyota for this purpose. I never tracked the T-Sport but we did sling a mates one round Kirkistown and it did really well and doubt you’d have anything but great craic in one tbh.

One other car to look at would be the facelift R50 Mini One or Cooper. Cheap as chips, lots of spares and the getrag box gets round reliability concerns with the earlier ones.

You could always go with 182’s or R53’s which are a step up in power and will be quicker round a track but you either pay more or suffer on the reliability front and the amount of fun you have in either is subjective.

There’s a few videos of mine on YT. Here’s one from Mondello last year though there’s loads more on there on my channel.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Didn’t realise the non cooper s mini we’re more reliable! I’d love an r53 supercharged track car but the reliability of a few I’ve known on the road would put me right off… must have a look.

T sport would be a wee blast from the past though too

Less to go wrong on the non supercharged cars just. Everything else is basically the same though.

Certainly more options with a limited budget than anything else.

They face lifted them in 04/05 I think which done away with the midlands gearbox. Have spoke to a few lads using them round track and they’re having great craic with them for very humble money.

You’re not going to be setting lap records but there will always be a dozen or so similarly powered cars (MX5s, etc) which is great fun to get mixed up with.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I’ve had the idea in my head for the last while to start with a basic car and see what lap times it does/what let’s it down on a track day then mod that specifically for the next track day and see how it changes and so on. Think it would be interesting and always give you personal best times to chase too!
I’ll probably not be buying a track car while I still own the c63 it must be said but I’ll be keeping it another year or so anyway as I’m for the nc500 in august and I’m enjoying owning it so much!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
In some ways I regret doing everything at once and not appreciating each mod as it was fitted. I’ve never measured a lap time though.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I’m going to do that mini cup at kirkistown next year as it looks brilliant fun on a budget, trying to gather up a car this year and do a few track days in it with the bro first to learn the track a bit this year.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Fired the manifold in there today.

Old one with the cat in it.

IMG_3933.jpeg

IMG_3934.jpeg

And in

IMG_3935.jpeg
IMG_3936.jpeg

Also decided to stick the new pads in.

IMG_3939.jpeg

And an alloy spigot ring. Plastic ones were crumbling with the heat!

IMG_3940.jpeg

And a wee video. Still fairly quiet but won’t be any messing about with noise restrictions at track.

Suzuki hover mode: engaged.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Decat seems to have improved things. Spark plug managed to work it's way loose which gave me a fright because it was knocking towards the end of the day and to be honest I'd thrashed the absolute skite out of it & genuinely thought I'd knackered it.

Thankfully with the spark plug torqued up again it seems to be OK, so just needs a few wee bits and pieces done and we're good for Anglesey at the end of the month.

367429730_23900594846192424_9343874460448011_n.jpg

Video from yesterday having a play with a couple of 172's

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Nice! Well driven Mr Coog.

Definitely carrying more speed through the twistys that the clios. Just a shame about the straights!

But that makes it a bit of craic!

I used to adore throwing my £1000 Xsara VTS about and sitting on the bumpers of EP3 type r/clios etc at trackdays, that cost x10 as much lol.