The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Feck values, it's yours if you buy one, do with it as you please. No point at all getting something nice if you're going to worry about what the next owner might think. None. They can jolly well buy their own, just enjoy it the way you want to.

Meant to be used as God (Porsche) intended. Want an investment? Get a flippin' broker account, lol.

An RS as a daily, no way. Even a "standard" GT3 would be pushing it. They're both road legal race cars really.

Have a look at a GT maybe?

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
Not massively concerned over resale value to be honest. I just want to make sure and get the right one. I think the RS is just going to be far too raw for the purpose I would need the car. It will be on the road a lot more than the track, although it will see plenty of track days.

I've looked at all the competition in this bracket of vehicles and, for me personally the GT3 looks to be the most suitable. It'll be a pain in the ar3e paying over list price for a good one but sure.

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
Thanks for the reference @Andy888 but it would be a more modern porker I'm after.

Love the colour crayon but they're like hens teeth in the GT3. I've only seen 2 for sale in the UK and one was manual.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Get a Golf to tootle about in, and an RS or one of the wee lovelies Andy put up above (at the money I think I would have one of them to be honest, but I'm a complete luddite, lol), all problems solved :cool:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'm probably a month or 2 away from pulling the trigger on one of these. Can't decide on an older RS such as the one I posted or a relatively new GT3.

It'll be driven quite a bit, pretty much every day so common sense would tell me that the GT3 would be the better option but I am lacking greatly in that sort of sense when it comes to cars :joy:

Nightmare decision to have :cold_sweat::joy:

NotKG

Banned
IMG_20190116_132223.jpg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Lovely!

Did you ring the dealer as you were interested in buying it, or out of nosiness?

I’ve always wanted one (even back when they were sub 40k ish :joy:) and my wife is very keen for a classic 911 and just last week I had a house purchase fall through and suddenly have what was a large house deposit simply resting my account... Trouble is I doubt there is any better one than that example

The dealer mentioned that he has fully restored a 365 that will shortly be with it’s owner in Ballymena

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I’ve always wanted one (even back when they were sub 40k ish :joy:) and my wife is very keen for a classic 911 and just last week I had a house purchase fall through and suddenly have what was a large house deposit simply resting my account... Trouble is I doubt there is any better one than that example

The dealer mentioned that he has fully restored a 365 that will shortly be with it’s owner in Ballymena

It's totally depressing the way values have shot up, makes it very difficult for us fans to ever get into one.

I passed up on two, a black 964 back in 2010, and then a grey 993 in 2015 that I should have bought.

I'll have my 964 at some stage though, definitely one of my main automotive goals to have a Rubystone 964.

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Same kind of thing with me. Missed the chance at a 996 turbo when they were about 25k. They seem to start closer to 40 now. Don’t think I’ll ever have one. Carrera 2 was close though

KevM

RMS Regular
Iv always had a thing for a c4s, they have that similar look too.

Poor ole Turbo would be outperformed by a 991 S already. That’s progress I suppose!