The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I still don't get that at all to be honest. I get what it is, and appreciate it as a race car and a showing off tech exercise. It's the same with the 959 to be honest. They're really for a collector who already has everything else.

Not that I could ever buy either, lol 😁

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I still don't get that at all to be honest. I get what it is, and appreciate it as a race car and a showing off tech exercise. It's the same with the 959 to be honest. They're really for a collector who already has everything else.

I totally understand where your coming from! I’m a real Porsche fan and it would just be a collection car for me! I actually prefer the 993 2s or 4s for aesthetics.

I love the 997, the gt3 or gt3rs would be the forever car but I have to confess I love the actual proportions of my cayman 981 more!

Ideal world would be keep my cayman and 997 gts/rs for the epic occasions :grinning:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

It's ok to have different opinions.

Some people think that the 996 is the pinnacle of 911 design, and I think it's still the least appealing one theyve made (C4S/Turbo 996s get a pass though) .

I still much prefer earlier 911s in fairness, but wouldnt say no to any of them, except convertible ones, and some targas too.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
7F312EB3-B5F1-43AE-A743-79F27C902EF4.jpeg
8AF52F5C-65FC-4CD4-AF02-BBAB6D939410.jpeg

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Probably minus the ducktail and in black that would have looked better, like the idea of the Perspex rear hatch cover.

Love the seats but would work better with everything on the dash and doors that’s brown being black inc the steering wheel!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Probably minus the ducktail and in black that would have looked better, like the idea of the Perspex rear hatch cover.

Love the seats but would work better with everything on the dash and doors that’s brown being black inc the steering wheel!

It's a real weird mix that one! Wonder what it's running or used for to necessitate all the vents in the windows. Any info @Andy888

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@cauld1 the rear side windows are Perspex incorporating grilles the same as those that became famous from the 1967 911R.

@TheDaniel sorry to disappoint you but I think you actually saw a Covin kit car in Carrick today! Part of a Porsche Club drive event.

I believe there is a white real one lying abandoned at a house in Helens Bay though, essentially turning green and wasting away.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@Andy888 ah ok. I saw it on the move and just spotted the vents in the rear arches. Truth be told I dont know if I would have known the difference. It looked amazing though!

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
@Andy888 ah ok. I saw it on the move and just spotted the vents in the rear arches. Truth be told I dont know if I would have known the difference. It looked amazing though!

Yep it’s eye catching. I saw it drive through Groomsport one day when we were walking the dog. Then looked up the reg and it’s logged as a 1964 VW or something.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
The owner is a real character, loves the orange, he imported the car from US, truly made it to his own personality. Personally I love it.

I think it is class. If the bootlid was painted it would be fantastic. Lots of nice wee Carbone pieces and other touches too. He's even done the wing mirrors.