The Grand Tour - Season 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I recently renewed my Amazon prime for ordering stuff etc, so gave the Grand Tour another chance. It's an improvement in my eyes. Still brilliantly shot, studio bits were better, and removing that awful celebrity brain crash certainly helped.

Missing something still but improving....

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
To be fair there’s a lot of conventional supercars that have caught fire even without being crashed
Yea but they don’t burn for days after!

Exactly Blackster, pay the frigging money. Its not expensive over the year and has loads of benefits especially for the kids coming up to Christmas hols with the load of free movies.
Yeah it’s one of those things that look mighty well in 4K HDR too :grinning:
100% guys! We’re doing an Xmas movie marathon on the run up to Xmas and Amazon has plenty to choose from! Plus there’s the delivery benefits throughout the year. £7.99 a month is barely a noticeable expenditure.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
just watched the grand tour, being a presenter on it has to be one of the best jobs in the world. just think of something stupid to do involving cars and then just go an do it no matter what the cost. a real dream job.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Exactly Blackster, pay the frigging money. Its not expensive over the year and has loads of benefits especially for the kids coming up to Christmas hols with the load of free movies.

Is it essentially like Netflix then? Well TIL.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Netflix can be crap at times. Free films is just another incentive that makes the £5.99 seem pretty decent actually.
I signed up to a 30 day trial of Amazon prime and in fairness it had a few good movies etc

just struggle to justify paying for netflix and amazon prime

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
True........but they can usually extinguish them.

Sure what harm could come from aiming a fire hose at a few thousand volts of lithium Ion cells !!! lol

But sure, as long as it saves the planet....

Good show though, and while the batteries lasted and it wasnt going up in flames, the car was certainly very quick. It really obliterated the others in the drag race. Would be interesting to see what actual distance they raced, and was it a one race only or did they have a few goes.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Or just setup a new gmail account every 30 days.........works only on Amazon as Netflix base it on your card details :mad:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I signed up to a 30 day trial of Amazon prime and in fairness it had a few good movies etc

just struggle to justify paying for netflix and amazon prime
I have no such troubles, four kids and it still works out cheaper than Sky TV!

We have much more variety spending £16.98 in total for Netflix and Amazon compared to £32ish for the basic sky package which only got a few kids channels. Plus as mentioned the added benefits of Amazon Prime.

Even when Netflix goes up in price next year it’s still gonna be cheaper than Sky TV!

Edit :- I also forgot to add that with Netflix we have the option to allow the kids access on their own devices such as PS4, Wii U, iPad etc . .

I think I can do the same with Amazon but I haven’t seen how to set up parental locking/kids specific accounts on their devices.

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Is it essentially like Netflix then? Well TIL.
Kinda yea, but there are more benefits to paying for Prime, plus it’s currently a point cheaper per month. Netflix is set to rise in January to £9.99 per month

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I have no such troubles, four kids and it still works out cheaper than Sky TV!

We have much more variety spending £16.98 in total for Netflix and Amazon compared to £32ish for the basic sky package which only got a few kids channels. Plus as mentioned the added benefits of Amazon Prime.

Even when Netflix goes up in price next year it’s still gonna be cheaper than Sky TV!

Edit :- I also forgot to add that with Netflix we have the option to allow the kids access on their own devices such as PS4, Wii U, iPad etc . .

I think I can do the same with Amazon but I haven’t seen how to set up parental locking/kids specific accounts on their devices.
fair point

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
fair point
But I do concede that if we didn’t have kids, or so many of them that splashing out for the two would be an issue.

But in my circumstances it’s definitely worth it, trying to keep four kids from arguing about what to watch is now something in the past lol

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Watched episode 2 there and I have to say it was a brilliant episode after the iffy first one, the boys are back on form again. The race to Niagra Falls was brilliant, so many funny bits with Hammond and May. The Ford GT is a stunning car, it really is something else

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I’m currently watching the 2nd episode, the GT sounds glorious! And a stunning colour!

Who is this female driver?

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I did a google and found her. She is the 2010 British Touring Car Production Group B champion and the 2014 Mazda MX5 Supercup champion.

As far as I can find out she is currently without a team to drive for this year.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
Done the 30 day trail also, watched the 2 episodes so far and im getting quite bored of it. I skip past the nonsense in the tent and just watch the rest. The race was ok but the usual staged crap. Camera work is always top notch. If it wasnt for decent cars on it I would stop watching which is a shame as it was a great series before. Ill be glad to see Top Gear back.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.