The Grand Tour - Season 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
That shot of the cosworth drifting was absolutely superb.

The slo-mo shot at the end it lifted the front wheel. Camera work is superb as usual.

What a way to end. I was almost in tears as well as Jeremy watching that contemplating that this really was the end. I was so glad to hear that they will be carrying on doing what they do best - the road trips and specials. I really enjoyed their ode to the Mondeo and I had no idea it was being dropped although I had noticed last week it had dropped off our company car list for the first time ever. For me the mk1 Mondeo was the best.... I'll just leave this here...

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I literally love those three blokes. It’s definitely the end of an institution, format wise at the very least.
They all had family members in the audience too, I’ve been lucky enough to meet a few over the years and spotted them, including Jeremy’s daughter crying.

Sad times 😭

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I literally love those three blokes. It’s definitely the end of an institution, format wise at the very least.
They all had family members in the audience too, I’ve been lucky enough to meet a few over the years and spotted them, including Jeremy’s daughter crying.

Sad times 😭
Been reading a few of your posts in the last few pages, you seem to know your stuff lol do you have some sort of involvement with their team or their old team?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Been reading a few of your posts in the last few pages, you seem to know your stuff lol do you have some sort of involvement with their team or their old team?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
That episode was the best I've seen. I'm genuinely a bit gutted that its ending in it's current format as it seems to have just got into its stride this season. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next.

Classic fords for the win :cool:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Great episode, even with the heavy Ford content! Genuinely emotional end segment in the tent as well!

Series three is really where the Grand Tour got into its stride but still looking forward to the specials only format too. Also looking forward to James May's our man in Japan.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Not a huge fan of the last episode as I just don’t like old Fords or old cars in general, really superb series in general though, so sad to see it ‘over’ as they were just finding the sweet spot. I’d love to know was it them stepping back or Amazon pulling funding :worried:

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
That was the first ever Grand Tour I’ve watched because I heard there was Cossies in it so I didn’t feel the emotions having not followed them since TopGear.

Incredible shots of the RS500, the current owner has been asking £100K for it for some time (it’s build number 001) so that last episode should help shift it!

Great piece on the history of Fords in the UK. They had a MASSIVE influence on me growing up, my dad was proud as punch to own a Cortina & my uncle worked in Dagenham so we were all entitled to Ford’s Privilege Scheme (30 or 25% off new Fords IIRC).

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Yep I worked with the guys for many years on the live stuff and the odd tv bit
Wow that’s actually class, you’re really lucky! How did you get into that, if you don’t mind me asking :oops:

Did you make sure you brought Jeremy his hot food at all times? :joy:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Wow that’s actually class, you’re really lucky! How did you get into that, if you don’t mind me asking :oops:

Did you make sure you brought Jeremy his hot food at all times? :joy:

What rock have you been living under? Even when I was 12 I had heard of Chris when he was with Steer from the rear.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
To be fair you were possibly not even born yet when I embarked on that stuff

Bloody youngsters ! 😆

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
It was a great episode, Cosworths are the only fords I ever liked.

Was happy to hear all future episodes will be road trip specials, those were always my favourite,

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Not a huge fan of the last episode as I just don’t like old Fords or old cars in general, really superb series in general though, so sad to see it ‘over’ as they were just finding the sweet spot. I’d love to know was it them stepping back or Amazon pulling funding :worried:

I'd think a tent in Jeremy's garden is about the cheapest aspect of the whole show lol.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Huge hater of fords here (the Japanese and the French always have them licked imo) but that was a decent episode, except for the hymn bit - that was slightly embarrassing. Otherwise top notch series this time round!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
That Mongolia episode was by far the best special I've watched. Proper laughed at parts of it

Wouldn't be the biggeat ford lover but that last episode was very good

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Just caught up with the last episode there, not a huge lover of Fords but a good finale none the less. Clarkson was in his element, explaining the history of something in a documentary type film. I think it was very similar to their Saab tribute film back in the old TG days and even though im not terribly interested in the history of old cars, Clarkson still manages to make you feel very invested in what he’s explaining.

The ending was very emotional, at the start I thought Clarkson was taking the piss and pretending to break down but I soon realised he wasn’t when I could see his wet bloodshot eyes and red face, I knew it was real, there was a genuine humanity to him if that makes sense, and the montage of years gone by was very fitting.

Very sad in the fact the studio format is dead, it sort of feels in a way that it’s an end of an era, a big part of my ‘growing up’ being laid to rest as I’ve watched these 3 do their studio shows from the very beginning, for the most part of my life. I really liked their news/chat/conversation street type segment, and also their interaction and taking the piss out of the audience, I think I’ll miss those elements a lot and some of their very best films and supercar reviews have been done on the Dunsfold and Eboladrome tracks.

What we can take away is the fact we haven’t lost them for good just yet, it’s coming sooner rather than later as we know they can’t do this forever, but I think there’s at least 2 or 3 more years left of them farting around and falling over in specials, and it’s those that are always the best craic (y)

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.