The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
If anyone needs a great LR and RR diagnostic guy I have found a guru in them.

Guy knows everything about them and works with alot of the dealers here and in England.

Hes based in Carrickfergus so if anyone needs his number give me a shout.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Anyone happen to know what make the wee Defenders are here or where they came from?

Isn’t there someone on RMS that works in Charles Hurst Land Rover?
I think shmme150 is a part owner in the company that's sells them . Must look it up now.

Little legends cars it's called.

Last edited:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

saxo_man

RMS Regular
3 year warranty, and they look cool as f*ck. You'll be alright!!

Anymore info on the spec?
It’s a D200 110 S, 5+2 seats, with a few extras, in silicon silver. Waiting on a build date and still need to decide on colour as not totally sure. Haven’t been able to find photos of exact spec so just the configurator photo
233C5014-75B0-4CDB-A7A4-7E0ABCCEAE98.jpeg

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
It’s a D200 110 S, 5+2 seats, with a few extras, in silicon silver. Waiting on a build date and still need to decide on colour as not totally sure. Haven’t been able to find photos of exact spec so just the configurator photo View attachment 324777

Brilliant, looks well indeed! I played about with the configurator a while back and it's scary how quickly it gets very expensive whenever you start adding add ons to it!

Have they given you a rough idea of lead time yet?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Brilliant, looks well indeed! I played about with the configurator a while back and it's scary how quickly it gets very expensive whenever you start adding add ons to it!

Have they given you a rough idea of lead time yet?
Cheers Micky, I am still waiting to hear from LR, but estimated end of October at earliest, with option to leave it until 2022 to register it. TBH if it comes end of October I'll take it, and not wait for the 2022 plate.
I agree about the configurator, had to be realistic. The S model covered most of the spec I wanted - leather seats, keyless entry, etc. I added the off-road pack, 2 seats in the boot, privacy glass and dealer fit wheel arches and classic mudflaps.

redxl77

RMS Regular
Are those white squares (on the rear quarter glass) with the LR logo on the bottom left still a thing? They look like an info sheet you'd see at a dealership. A bit like wearing clothes with the tags still on them.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I built a 90 there on the configurator it’s so easy to spend £50k there’s not a great choice of colours either and no pastel green.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Are those white squares (on the rear quarter glass) with the LR logo on the bottom left still a thing? They look like an info sheet you'd see at a dealership. A bit like wearing clothes with the tags still on them.
The colour coded square in the above photo?
I built a 90 there on the configurator it’s so easy to spend £50k there’s not a great choice of colours either and no pastel green.
Not a pile of colours. Pangea green with a white roof looks pretty decent (matt version below)
1622730818476.jpeg

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
A few weeks ago I noticed a lot of white smoke from the car (2016 4.4 V8 diesel) then again today pulled out to overtake and loads of white smoke again.

Stinks l like ad blue. It was serviced and filled with ad blue and it has burnt approx 5L in 1000 miles. No fault codes etc. Anyone any idea of the issue?

Also when stationary in neutral/park and you Rev it, you can hear a click from it

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
A few weeks ago I noticed a lot of white smoke from the car (2016 4.4 V8 diesel) then again today pulled out to overtake and loads of white smoke again.

Stinks l like ad blue. It was serviced and filled with ad blue and it has burnt approx 5L in 1000 miles. No fault codes etc. Anyone any idea of the issue?

Also when stationary in neutral/park and you Rev it, you can hear a click from it

How are you assessing it’s used 5L? Remember you don’t fill these to the top - I can’t remember if your year of car tells you top up amount in the cluster?

White smoke is water based - there can be condensation due to urea dosing, it’s completely normal but it shouldn’t be hugely excessive

What do you mean by click during revving?

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
How are you assessing it’s used 5L? Remember you don’t fill these to the top - I can’t remember if your year of car tells you top up amount in the cluster?

White smoke is water based - there can be condensation due to urea dosing, it’s completely normal but it shouldn’t be hugely excessive

What do you mean by click during revving?

BLRC plugged it in with the computer and it has 12.2L left. They filled it with the computer 1000 miles ago and normally fill to about 1L less (17L) as they have had issues with it being overfilled.

The dash also said 18000 miles when serviced now it’s at 12000 miles but only covered about 1000 miles

It’s like a loudish extrinsic switch click when I Rev it and let off around 3k revs.

this is excessive, could hardly see the van behind. Water level is 100%

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
BLRC plugged it in with the computer and it has 12.2L left. They filled it with the computer 1000 miles ago and normally fill to about 1L less (17L) as they have had issues with it being overfilled.

The dash also said 18000 miles when serviced now it’s at 12000 miles but only covered about 1000 miles

It’s like a loudish extrinsic switch click when I Rev it and let off around 3k revs.

this is excessive, could hardly see the van behind. Water level is 100%

So consumption is meant to be 1L/500 miles nominally, can be 1L/250 miles depending on drive cycle so you are at or beyond the bottom end of that

The click could be lots of things and perfectly normal - actuators move and can make noise, hard to say without hearing it

Are you pretty aggressive in terms of your drive style? Hard accels etc?

If BLRC have proper LR diagnostics (SDD/Pathfinder) then there are test procedures on there to test the amount of DEF injected and the spray pattern

If there is an issue causing over-dosing it will eventually flag a fault but can take a while as the system will try to adapt

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
So consumption is meant to be 1L/500 miles nominally, can be 1L/250 miles depending on drive cycle so you are at or beyond the bottom end of that

The click could be lots of things and perfectly normal - actuators move and can make noise, hard to say without hearing it

Are you pretty aggressive in terms of your drive style? Hard accels etc?

If BLRC have proper LR diagnostics (SDD/Pathfinder) then there are test procedures on there to test the amount of DEF injected and the spray pattern

If there is an issue causing over-dosing it will eventually flag a fault but can take a while as the system will try to adapt

Im not sure on the exact software they have but I think it might end up in hurst to diagnose it tbh.

Yeah I would have a heavy right foot 😂

The diagnostics said 0 feet since last regen and zero failed which obv isn’t right

thanks for the help

Last edited:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Im not sure on the exact software they have but I think it might end up in hurst to diagnose it tbh.

Yeah I would have a heavy right foot 😂

The diagnostics said 0 feet since last regen and zero failed which obv isn’t right

thanks for the help

DPF regen and the SCR system are completely independent

Also don’t worry about the number if failed, it doesn’t matter

If you have a heavy right foot then the system will have to dose a lot to cope with the NOx emissions created

Don’t get me wrong if it’s very excessive then something could be wrong - the dealer diagnostic equipment has the capability to help diagnose

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
DPF regen and the SCR system are completely independent

Also don’t worry about the number if failed, it doesn’t matter

If you have a heavy right foot then the system will have to dose a lot to cope with the NOx emissions created

Don’t get me wrong if it’s very excessive then something could be wrong - the dealer diagnostic equipment has the capability to help diagnose

Back again. I’ve only driven it approx 400 miles since I last posted. No white smoke since but the oil level has been dropping significantly.

Thought it was possibly a sensor issue but tonight I’ve removed the oil (should have been 9.5L in it) which was measured in 400 miles ago. I topped it up also with 0.5L more due to asking for it.

Measured it tonight by draining it out. 6.6L of oil.

How could it possibly have used 3.4L of oil in 400 miles with no smoking etc? There is no leaks, undertray and garage floor is spotless.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
How do you know it had 9.5L in it? It’s a TDV8 isn’t it? There is a known issue with oil wicking through the turbo harness and that needs to be sorted otherwise it can take out the turbo

Best get it booked in somewhere, anywhere experienced should know about the above issue

Dave..

RMS Regular
Back again. I’ve only driven it approx 400 miles since I last posted. No white smoke since but the oil level has been dropping significantly.

Thought it was possibly a sensor issue but tonight I’ve removed the oil (should have been 9.5L in it) which was measured in 400 miles ago. I topped it up also with 0.5L more due to asking for it.

Measured it tonight by draining it out. 6.6L of oil.

How could it possibly have used 3.4L of oil in 400 miles with no smoking etc? There is no leaks, undertray and garage floor is spotless.
Our van had the same problem and it was piston rings / engine needed rebuilt, hopefully you have warranty. We had and are using a sprinter while ours is being fixed.