The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

c_rad

RMS Regular
Drives
Range Rover
I keep coming back into the thread and reminiscing about the 36 hours that I owned a fully functioning TDV8 for. It really was quite something.

I’d nearly be tempted to buy another. Likely will just be an impulse decision as no one buys these through rational thought.
Don't be scared. I'm not. Made it's way through Tardree Forest on Saturday
20240629_130832.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
This thread is the yin, my want for a 4.4v8 SV autobiography is the Yang.

Every time my Yang gets a boost I read some of this thread and balance is restored and imminent financial destruction is avoided for a while longer.

Do it, you'll not regret it. My one does a regular 23/24mpg, nearly mid 30s on a long run. Think it's done near 20k now in my ownership and genuinely has not needed one thing! It tows cows and goes across fields and up to wind farms regularly so not really looked after either.

There's horror stories out there yes, but same as most cars really. Biggest problem with JLR stuff is our dealerships in NI being both useless and extortionate, and the spares issues should you need anything hard to get. Insurance not as big a issue as it was now thankfully.

They're proper cheap getting, especially the 2015 pre ULEZ ones!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Looks to be an epic build, but surely that price is 🤯

View attachment 439140

Completely mental. Some of the high end bespoke coach work places can knock you something together with a modern drivetrain and all the gadgets you can think of for that money

colin84

RMS Regular
A friend is interested in purchasing a 2019 range rover sport 3.0 SDV6 HSE dynamic. Is this year / model generally OK?. What sort of repair bills are owners getting for the common / major issues with them?

Tell him to set money aside for a new engine at some point.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Seen that picture before and think Jonny Smith was in their place talking to them about Jimny's when it was mentioned too.

redxl77

RMS Regular