The "WTF is wrong with my E46 now?" thread.

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
there is an upper joint too, much stronger but doesnt mean it wont go. just before the bulkhead in engine bay. really hard to diagnose in the car tho, easy on the bench in a vice.

This the boy mate? no.3?

I have already replaced no.4..

steer.png

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
In the inevitable event that my key fobs stop working is there a way into my car?
Neither driver or passenger door has a key point, both have blanking covers which do not have anything underneath from what I can see.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Anyone ever had their handbrake backing plates completely redone... cost me £265 which I thought was dear enough?

Replaced a fuel pipe at the same time but that couldn't be much?

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
Anyone ever had their handbrake backing plates completely redone... cost me £265 which I thought was dear enough?

Replaced a fuel pipe at the same time but that couldn't be much?

Sounds Rich enough..

I had the whole lot done.. Backing plates, handbrake cables, shoes, discs and pads..

Backing plates were 30 quid for the pair

Handbrake cables 20 for the pair

Shoes £20

Discs and pads 90 quid (and that was brembos)

Although as far as labour goes I can't give a fair comparison as my work is done by a mate of mine who's an Audi master tech.

Think he charged me 40 quid for the whole lot..

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
lol is now the time to mention I did a completely event-free lap of Ireland last week? :p

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
anyone any ideas????

My tc light and amber handbrake light popped on earlier and stayed on.... seems to suggest speed sensor etc????? any ideas anyone??

thanks

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah it sounds like a speed sensor. Get the codes read to figure out which one. Fairly handy to DIY assuming the sensor comes out OK.

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Check there is no stones/ debris stuck in the sensor ring before buying a new sensor as removing a small stone fixed mine.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I did mine about a month ago speed sensor/abs sensor about 30 quid.

Cruise control is still working though... Could it be an abs pressure sensor just?

Thought speedo sensors where needed for cruise control.