The "WTF is wrong with my E46 now?" thread.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Driver side rear also works the speedo. No speedo = faulty sensor (usually).

If speedo is working it simply means another one is faulty. Get it plugged in.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
its not a speedo sensor its a wheel speed sensor (one per wheel). To detect wheelspin and kick in ABS or TCS.

Are wheel speed sensors not needed to all be working though for cruise control?

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
So, this appears to be the wrong thread to be reading if you're considering an E46 Touring you say?

Are they practical as an estate?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Im actually getting on with mine just fine, few niggles at first but has been great since. Its only got 60k on it though! If you want a look and drive at one let me know - I'm in Belfast these days. Its a saloon though!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Oh and can't imagine the estate would be massive. I guess it depends on what you intend to carry.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Oh and can't imagine the estate would be massive. I guess it depends on what you intend to carry.

That 316, after thinking about it might be a smidge lifeless. I've seen a 318se, never been near a BMW.

I like the idea of an estate donkey. Some room for tools & the wee one some days we decide to take it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Has to be a 6 pot mate. If you can wait it out or stretch to it try and go for a I6 version. Can't imagine there would be much in it price wise these days anyway.

Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Has to be a 6 pot mate. If you can wait it out or stretch to it try and go for a I6 version. Can't imagine there would be much in it price wise these days anyway.

You're probably right, I'm getting impatient in my old age these days :oops:

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Lads anyone running 20mm spacers on a saloon with MV1's?
Any rubbing issues?

gribby1

RMS Regular
Drives
vauxhall vectra
Any touring owners have an issue with no radio reception and heated rear screen not working I know the 2 are related as antenna for radio is in rear screen also, when I turn on rear screen heater I can just hear a click from relay at rear , has got me thinking it could be the radio amplifier in the rear has gone?

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Lads what would be the best brake disc and pad combo for my 330d?
What have you got fitted?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Mintex pads. The dust is horrific though they work OK. Wouldn't buy them though!

McKay

RMS Regular
Brembo disks and pads are excellent, was using mintex previously and the difference is night and day in comparison[emoji106]

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
What sort of money are the Brembo discs & pads?
Are they plain discs or dimpled/ grooved/ drilled?

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
I got mine from gsf car parts Boucher road. Didn't work out much dearer than cheap tat outta euro car parts

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
I've noticed cruise control isn't working on the m3, light is on the dash but won't engage....did a bit of digging online and it suggests faulty clutch switch?

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Anyone used Ferodo Premier on their e46 as I can get them from Paints & Components rather than off the net?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Anyone used Ferodo Premier on their e46 as I can get them from Paints & Components rather than off the net?

Thats what I put on ours the last time I changed pads, just an OE spec pad, nothing fancy.