The "WTF is wrong with my E46 now?" thread.

Cossie_1986

RMS Member
Drives
330d - Alfa
What would expect to pay in labour only to replace engine mounts on the 330d?.
The plastic intake ducting keeps getting free from the slam panel, must be extra movement causing it.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
hmm possibly the number of contacts in the connector. If you can find the bmw part number online for your specific car or take the old one out, itll be on it.
As far as the E46 goes, there is only one type of hedgehog and they all have the same plug and fitting. Anywhere selling more than one version to fit it wouldn't be too sure what they're at I'd say.
It's one instance where I would say fit a genuine one. Copy ones don't seem to be good quality or last very long.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
When I select reverse the parking sensor warning beeps continuously for about 5 seconds then switches off. The sensors appear to be working OK so I don't know what the problem is. Is it perhaps that one of them is on the way out or is there a way to test them?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
When I select reverse the parking sensor warning beeps continuously for about 5 seconds then switches off. The sensors appear to be working OK so I don't know what the problem is. Is it perhaps that one of them is on the way out or is there a way to test them?

Can you hear them clicking when you put your ear to them? 2 man job BTW to check this ;)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I think I might have tested it just as it fixed itself last night. Then it started with the warning this morning again. I'll try again at the weekend to see if I can figure out which one is dodgy.

Is clicking good or bad? I take it it's a bumper off job to replace them?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aye it's been cut stupid round the countryside without a wash since October :oops:

I gave them a wipe last night but maybe they need water ran over them?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It's a SE. The sensors are on a black bump strip in the bumper.

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
Mine on my old 318i saloon done the same. I took them out and cleaned the connectors and put them back on. Fixed the issue.

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
I was able to pry the trim off and pop them out from behind. Took ages to do. Would of been quicker taking the bumper off. Gave the connectors a good spray with electrical contact cleaner and that fixed the issue.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If an external clean doesn't work I'll try that then. It's hectic how much you come to rely on them :oops:

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Pop the strip off and they unclip from the back of it.
Mine have never worked although INPA was showing that they were all working and showing distances, just no noise.