Tr7 V8 Fast Road/sprint/trackday Restoration Project.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Thanks @PhilM I will look those blasting guys up!

Well sorted with a painter tho 👍

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
I would wholehearted recommend Howells in Bangor to anyone. They’ve done a superb job on any of my cars needing paintwork.
KRCR is very near me and I plan to give them a turn as they’re highly recommended on RMS.

I recall being invited to the launch of the Austin Metro in WH Alexander in Linenhall Street when I was about 15. Highlight of the evening was sitting in a Triumph TR7 👍

Always promised myself one, but have gone to another family member now.

Some people grow up with Ford or Vauxhall, I mainly grew up with BL cars.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another vote for KRCR, done a few things for me over the years and handy from Belfast.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Do KRCK Do Media Blasting?

I've never heard of them & can't locate them on Google.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

About half-way between Newtownards and Donaghadee. I don't know if they do media blasting themselves but they do all manner of paintwork, bodywork, crash repair, etc. If they don't do the blasting themselves I'm sure they could help get it done too.

Reactions: IL

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
Just across the road is IC Powder Coaters. They did the MG wheels for me, and have media blasting facilities. I remember seeing a Metro shell sitting outside their place when I was getting some metalwork done in the premises next door.
There are a number of useful ventures going on at that end of the Killaughey Road, just in behind Hugh Drennan's kitchen makers.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
@Statler - I sent IC a Message last night to see if they would be interested in doing it(y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There are a number of useful ventures going on at that end of the Killaughey Road, just in behind Hugh Drennan's kitchen makers.

Yep, KRCR used a place across the road for fibreglass repairs on the Lotus (don't ask 😇 ).

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Went Shopping Tonight...

7905C5C0-38EC-4466-AB3A-B7D3D1C9993B.jpeg

BCE62B33-2561-486A-A8E8-30094259655D.jpeg

Thought 5000cc & 400hp+ / 370lb ft should liven her up abit! :heart_eyes::laughing:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I am immensely jealous of having that to break haha.

Now, what are you wedging the other V8 into?

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
88k mile M62B44 going spare / cheap now dude!! Would Look well in the E34!!

Totally wrong time of year for me with holidays etc coming up.....but, does it have an ecu/loom? ....and could you pm me a price?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Lost for words ... part of me loves you though lol

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Awesome, thats what I'm taking about.

It was always the plan, but I wanted to pick one up locally that I could hear running and buy from a reliable source.

Like everything else E39 M5, these have appreciated abit lately!

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Things are Pretty Slow as usual but Some headway is being made with Final touches on the Fab Front & Wiring.

The Car was Farmed out to Grattan Motorsport Fabrication a few weeks ago for a long list of final Bracketry etc.

First off Richard was little offended but some of the work done so he reworked the steering column, I thought he was mad but its defiantly a tidier job..

Previously -

IMG_3352.jpeg

IMG_3351.jpeg

Now -

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

He then turned to a few small rust Repairs two around the Back Window and one on the inner Sill, these are the only parts that needed attention,
when he was at the sill he decided scallop another area from the inner sill to allow for the fuel lines to run their rather than up the tunnel as they have been
fouling on the Drivers seat.

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0134.jpeg

b8858c08-f8a1-4dc2-a50f-8ffa0d4218b0.jpeg