Trackskills at Kirkistown.

Zach57

RMS Regular
Booked for the May 16th this morning.
Booked in the for the 16th May, does anyone know if a child can be a passenger providing they have a helmet, daughter is 11 on the 16th of May and wants to come out instead of going to her party :laughing:.
The man in the Atom had a child beside him one of the sessions.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's ok to bring the kids if they're tall enough, wear helmets, etc.

From memory there's an age limit, don't remember exactly what it is.

@V8 can advice.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Slightly off topic but is anyone going to Mondello for the Trackdays.ie trackday on Friday? Im good to go again 😎
F18C7F08-E21B-479D-BAB7-6AEF96D2D22B.jpeg

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Not this one but me and @swervygerdy are considering the one on 21st May. Only thing concerning me was booking it then getting stopped by the Guards for non-essential travel. Hoping it’ll be eased a bit more by then though.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just booked for the 16th also. Can't wait to get out again!

On a side note I was timing the Yaris GR last weekend there from the sidelines, just out of curiosity. Was doing 1m11s when I was there, no idea of drivers capabilities or if he was even pushing it but there ya go. May have got quicker as day went on as well

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Folks, we just want to say that our date on 16th May is now totally booked out. Because of the current Covid restrictions, we are strictly limited to a maximum of 100 people on site. Included in that 100 are marshals, medics, organisers, catering staff, drivers and mechanics.

Bookings are now being taken for Sunday 13th June 2021.

warren

RMS Photographer
Might take the bike up for a creep over the fence from the road beside it again :laughing:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
On a side note I was timing the Yaris GR last weekend there from the sidelines, just out of curiosity. Was doing 1m11s when I was there, no idea of drivers capabilities or if he was even pushing it but there ya go. May have got quicker as day went on as well
That's a very respectable time for a wee 250bhp-ish hot hatch on road tyres and in road spec.

Full kudos to the owner for bringing a brand new car to the track. But if any car belongs there it's the Yaris.

At the end of the day, it's the biggest smile that "wins" a trackday, not lap times.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
That's a very respectable time for a wee 250bhp-ish hot hatch on road tyres and in road spec.

Full kudos to the owner for bringing a brand new car to the track. But if any car belongs there it's the Yaris.

At the end of the day, it's the biggest smile that "wins" a trackday, not lap times.
The owner wasn’t able to make the trackday...so full kudos for him lending it to his friend

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular

he was driving it well and giving it what he could through fishermans and colonial1-2, even cutting the grass out of col2. it handles really well.

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
he was driving it well and giving it what he could through fishermans and colonial1-2, even cutting the grass out of col2. it handles really well.
u sure it wasn't a honda coming outta col2 ?? :joy: :joy:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The owner wasn’t able to make the trackday...so full kudos for him lending it to his friend

Is the owner who I think it is? 🤔 Had his plate on it anyways. If so haven't seen it about Dromore, great that there's one local!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Had a ball yesterday at mondello. Had a go pro on the atom. Atoms are very capable cars an great craic. When you take them to the track you know they are not going to give you any bother! Honestly I think they would run all day without having to take a break. They just don’t feel like they are under any stress at all.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Passing everything in site Tony !
Atoms are built for it , light weight , honda engine , best four cylinder ever made !
Should go round tracks all day every day , especially with a careful pilot 🤔.
Probably come into its own on longer tracks i.e. the ring , spa , etc .

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Maybe I watch too many rally cars, but that looks like it would benefit from a sequential 'box.

Dieseldes

RMS Regular
Hi folks, I was at kirkistown on the 25th in the silver and red Leon. Another great day, with plenty of cars about my pace which was good. Harys lap timer says best lap was a 1 minute 11.8 seconds, not that I was watching that while driving, just for review afterwards.. The Yaris gr was shifting, the driver wasn't holding back at all. He was across the grass while chasing me. It's track pack brakes are impressive.

Some videos here.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
@V8 Are the trackdays refundable up to a certain point? Highly unlikely to need to cancel and would obvs only do it well in advance but would just be good to know before I book for the 1st time, cheers

Dan.86

RMS Regular
@V8 what’s the story for the max number of people allowed on 16th? Does the 100 include everybody in the paddock or from the gates? I signed up for myself but will have another driver there too.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
Wait for confirmation from V8 , but it’s 100 people one the premises so once you enter the gate if you plan on a second driver get in touch with Donal to ensure he’s added to the list

pablo

RMS Moderator
iirc from Donals mail 100 covers everyone with a passenger. some will not have a passenger, some might have 2 so it should even out.

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Folks, we are working on the basis of an average of 2 people per car. We do not want spectators. Our limit is 100 bodies on site. That includes all marshals, medics, catering staff, Trackskills staff, 500MRCI people, etc.