Turbo'd Locost Kit Car - chasing 300bhp!

pablo

RMS Moderator
well you just need to keep the wheels from spinning and keep it in a straight line and youll be sweet!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
So the latest is that it made 260bhp but with a misfire. I forgot to fit the new and properly gapped spark plugs when I swapped the engines - oops.

Mark swapped them for some Denso Platinums and went again. Not sure what power it made on the final run, or if it made any more power.

260bhp though..... I'll take it 😂

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Why have one when you can have two?!

IMG-20191023-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20191023-WA0020.jpg

It's a factory built Westfield Wide body (rolling chassis) and I'm sure you can all imagine what I intend to do with it! Lol

Swapping all of my tarty bits to this chassis will end me up with a seriously sweet little Westfield. No amount of money will ever make my car a proper Westfield so this coming up at the price it did was just too good to pass up

😂😂😂😂

neil-c

RMS Regular
Flip you dont stop! lol Surely you'll take the locost out for a few runs before pulling it all apart for the new chassis??

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Flip you dont stop! lol Surely you'll take the locost out for a few runs before pulling it all apart for the new chassis??

Aye, I might..... Or I might go full bore with the two side by side and switch all the bits over on a long weekend then take the Westy out for a rattle! 😂😂

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Is the westy going to be all that much better?

Also, definitely put some miles on the Locost first, better to find and fix any teething problems there I would say.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Is the westy going to be all that much better?

Also, definitely put some miles on the Locost first, better to find and fix any teething problems there I would say.

To be honest, the Westy probably won't be a better car, no. But it will be a Westfield and for the amount of money I've put into it, I'm thinking it might retain slightly more value.