VAG 1.8T (190bhp) tuning?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

peter "T"

RMS Regular
Dad was saying the wee chap was adament it was a 190bhp, he showed dad some number on the computer in the showroom and it matched upto the car and he said thats how you can tell the difference... Audi's confuse me, gimmie a mini anyday!
whats the reg, do a trace oline ?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Don't bother giving the reg out. Open the boot, lift the carpet and the build sticker is there. It gives you the colour, engine type and power output in kW. BEX is the code for a 190, fitted with the K03s, if its an AJL code its a 180 with the K03.

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
90's Junk
Peter just checked the reg for me, he said its a 190 :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
its a k04 turbo from the 225's which I have been corrected on :p oops!

Was going to say :grinning: The 210/225 use the K04, the 180/190 the K03.

A simple remap should give 20-30 extra bhp. Beyond that is a lot more work to do it properly.

Filter/exhaust make little difference on their own.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Get onto the tt-forum And he mk1 section , full of vagcom threads and where to get parts , go and buy a new paper oem air filter , drill the box few times and bring it too ai for remap after u get vagcom errors fixed. Also recommend u stick wit Audi parts if possible , I bought a coolant temp sensor off eBay , and it threw the readings out completly , new 1. From Audi fixed everything

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Im on rms via the iphone these days, so I gotta admit ya old english has gone down hill! prob still better than yours though!

dicky-1

Drives
audi a3 tdi
I have just bought a audi a4 1.8T quattro 190bhp and it feels alot quicker than your dads one your dad should get it checked out i will bring mine down some day and let him take it out for a spin to see the difference.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.